Paralyze should not stack

cjonas

I've found that, even with a moderate resistance of 30, if you end up fighting more than 2 sprint elementals you basicly end up perpetually paralyzed...

It would be much less frustrating if you couldn't be paralyzed again when already paralyzed.

ClockworkGhost

30 really isn't moderate, 30 is practically unprotected against those vicious buggers. Load up on potions, get your protection in the mid 60s and you'll notice the difference :) I thought the same as you when I tested it, but honestly - take away that special ability and they're not that tough :)

feldon

Loreseeker
% Resistance = % to dodge effect, so 30 resistance leaves you open 70% of the time. If you turn on your battle log thru the options or check it during the fight by tapping the area next to your HP bar, you'll see the calculations.

As mentioned, boost yourself over 50% to give yourself a fighting chance. There is a particular quest design to equip you to better handle this issue (Shielding the Mind in New Anthur). You can also try to ensure that your companion takes the lead w those enemies so the paralysis hits them and you can hopefully dispatch them before they turn their attention. Try to engage as few as possible at once to help handle the situation. Regardless, always save before entering the mine as a precaution.

cjonas

feldon":1n04sg3a said:
% Resistance = % to dodge effect, so 30 resistance leaves you open 70% of the time. If you turn on your battle log thru the options or check it during the fight by tapping the area next to your HP bar, you'll see the calculations.

As mentioned, boost yourself over 50% to give yourself a fighting chance. There is a particular quest design to equip you to better handle this issue (Shielding the Mind in New Anthur). You can also try to ensure that your companion takes the lead w those enemies so the paralysis hits them and you can hopefully dispatch them before they turn their attention. Try to engage as few as possible at once to help handle the situation. Regardless, always save before entering the mine as a precaution.

Ironically it is the shielding of the mind quest that has me pitted against them. I've killed about 20 of those suckers and only 1 Chitin Carapace has dropped. Is there anyway to boost your spirit resistance prior to completing that quest? If the drop rate for the Carapace wasn't so high it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

ShadowJack

A high Endurance may help also but im not sure.I am running a rogue with and endurance of 6.And I walk through them like they are not even there.

feldon

Loreseeker
ShadowJack":319js6u6 said:
A high Endurance may help also but im not sure.I am running a rogue with and endurance of 6.And I walk through them like they are not even there.
Probably more related to your overall DPS. If you only have to hit them 2-3 times (stab+as+ps), I'm guessing you're not engaged with them for long, only giving them 1-2 hits on you, which may or not be a paralyzing hit. My high DPS warrior hacks thru them like butter, so I don't worry too much about spirit.

My AGI built Cleric with 25 DPS (slightly higher when AB going)engages them for a longer time having to chance 5-6 hits from them, so wo proper spirit resistance, my goose is cooked.

Morpheus

Huh, weird, I farm them for emeralds and got 4 chitin carapaces without noticing with one run, I really dont know how though. I guess RNG? P.S. they suck for emeralds (got only one with a whole dungeon clear)

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Some Spirit-resist items:

6/8 (Sharkskin / Ironfoot Boots)​
20 (Symbol of Three)​
10/20 (Ring/s of Unlife)​
25 (Iron Will Mantle)​
10 (Anointed Shield)​
30 (Potion of Clarity)​

So it's not impossible to start to approach 100 resistance without late-level gear.

PS, you can drop the neck-gear for The Amulet of Dark Whispers to halve Paralysis duration.

Morpheus

Some Spirit-resist items:

6/8 (Sharkskin / Ironfoot Boots)​
20 (Symbol of Three)​
10/20 (Ring/s of Unlife)​
25 (Iron Will Mantle)​
10 (Anointed Shield)​
30 (Potion of Clarity)​

So it's not impossible to start to approach 100 resistance without late-level gear.

PS, you can drop the neck-gear for The Amulet of Dark Whispers to halve Paralysis duration.

Yeah, those are really cool, I'm still on Lvl 14 on my new fresh warrior run, I'm always shackling myself before I go to an area that I cannot handle, I have to farm like 50k exp now and I'll probably farm some stuff, just got the chitin shield and the Iron Will mantle, I have about 47 Spirit res, which stops lots of
Carrion Eater swarming paralysis

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Well it is basiclly simple if you fight more then 1 paralysic enemie it raises the chance to get paralysed, and everytime you get hit specificlly by this paralisic creature the counter starts again, ( like you get hit and a 3 sec counter starts and you get hit again at 1 sec remaining the counter starts again for 3 sec, ) so its not stack, stack counts every hit after hit so the seconds grow, in this case it stays 3 sec but is reset to 3 again if you get hit.

Build up resistance is in this cause important and raise your block chance so high that you can block it so the chance to get paralysis will drop dramaticlly.

This is mine at lvl 26 warrior:

Screenshot_20200427-174139_Exiled-Kingdoms.md.jpg

Screenshot_20200427-174619_Exiled-Kingdoms.md.jpg

Last edited: