With the release of update 1.2.1107 on July 5th, Exiled Kingdoms has finally implemented all the features planned for this development arc:
- Extra content: 4 new outdoor sectors added, 11 new areas in total. This includes the companion quests, which not only add depth to the characters but also provide interesting lore about the setting.
- Improved controller support: Via controller/keyboard you can now handle basic inventory functions and navigate dialogues.
- Visible helms and hoods: Head-Gear now shows in the player as you equip it.
- PC version: support for high resolutions. the game now supports several resolutions chosen by the user, up to 1920x1080.
- PC version: Steam Cards Valve made Exiled Kingdoms elligible for Steam Cards, which was the perfect excuse to comission some cool concept art.
- Additional features: small quality-of-life things like the new Area Autosave, new save slots, etc. were be added to the game.
In addition to the list above, this new version has improved localization
. Several languages are now complete, others in the way. Thanks once more to the volunteer team for their awesome work!What to expect after 1.2:
I can't realistically work on two games at the same time, and I can't keep developing (and selling) the same game my whole life. Despite we all wanting more and more
, the game is already huge as it is, way bigger and more complex than what its price tag may sustain, and everything that was promised
has been implemented with 1.1. I might add more content over the next years, depending on my availability and other projects, who knows! But my absolute priority will be my next game, which I'll be talking about very soon.This post was originally used to announce the planned features of version 1.2, it was edited in 2018 July to reflect the changes were implemented. The posts below are left unchanged, and reflect the updates leading from 1.1. to 1.2.