Version 0.7 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: We reached version 0.7, which not only added the features below, but more importantly, left behind all the major bugs in the game. All the features and additions in the list below were released in successive updates through february and march. Thanks everyone for your patience, now let's see what 0.8 brings us :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better and more fun items

You'll see things like Swords of Orc-Slaying, Rings of Protection vs Demons, Potions of Mana, Cloaks of Invisibility, pendants of healing, spiked boots...

Quick item slots

You'll be able to use items without opening the character window. Because all that cool stuff that will be added must be usable and not make you want to jump off a cliff.

Enhanced save options

We'll go from 4 character slots to 10, and each will have several save slots, plus an autosave slot.

New Areas to be added

Adding Iron Valley, and Trollfens.

Existing areas will be upgraded

There are a couple areas notably empty (South Jabal Hills and Mount Storme) that will get a lot of content (quests, NPCs, dungeons, etc.). But many of the existing areas will get content added, like New Garand and Sydarun. Probably not ALL of that in 0.7, but as much as I can fit in.

Some skills will be rebalanced and improved

Archery is very difficult to target, I know, and some other skills have issues. I'll fix that.

More varied encounters in towns and roads

Currently they're rather repetitive, but I have lot of ideas of people and situations you can walk into, and I think that'll make the world much more alive.
Status: done for now. I added a little more variety, but will work more on them on future versions.

...And a ton of small various things

Things like UI improvements, optimizations, extra vaults, fixing some pathfinding old bugs, etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Next Version Features! This is what I'm working on.

A small change of plans. The game needs better magic items, before I procceed to add lots of new content. Still, I'll keep adding a few areas, don't worry.

dangtran98s

I can't wait for this. LOVE YOUR WORK
When does it release by the way ?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Thanks!

Well, I am not sure. Probably 0.7 will be done in 2-3 weeks, but when it's done, it's done. The good part is that it'll all come in weekly updates. :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Updated: enhanced saving options.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

An update: a new dungeon aimed at levels 11-14 is coming along nicely, almost finished. It includes certain quest resolution, and several interesting choices, and difficult encounters. I think you all will love it!

Aside from that, I'll expand the number of Character slots to 10, and on each of them, one auto-save and 3 different save slots which you will be able to reload. The restriction to save on low health will be removed after this change.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

With today's update (see changelog), we are almost in 0.7. All that is left is adding more content (a few quests, some things I have in mind for sydarun and trollfens) and I will start planning out 0.8

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I am almost done with this, and even added a few more things that weren't planned, like the extra vaults. But I will not consider moving into 0.7 until I fix the major bug with wrong spawns upon reloading.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Last build was already labeled 0.7, so it's officially out. Soon I'll write down what to expect in 0.8 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.