It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:38 am 
EK Developer, Admin

It's a short list, and actually just common sense:

1) Warn about major spoilers (but don't overdo either) Add a SPOILER tag in the title if needed, or hide text using the spoiler forum feature. But please, don't go too far. It is only a spoiler if it's actually some important twist or revelation, or a puzzle solution. Someone betraying you *is* a spoiler, but saying what is the best weapon to kill undead or where is area X is *not* a spoiler.

2) Be respectful to everyone. Any form of personal attack is forbidden, no matter the reason, who is in the right, or who started it; if you disagree with someone that's fine, just don't call them names. Don't harass other posters, and that includes PMs.

3) Some topics are off-limits. Don't discuss any of this, even to admonish the user that starts it:
  • Exiled Kingdoms licensing policy / pricing / begging for discounts or codes.
  • Discussion about cheats/tampering/modificacion/exploits of the game. To report an exploit, PM me directly.
  • Spam, or links to promote your commercial products or website.
  • Real world polemic topics such as religion and politics.
  • Money exchange among forum users or sharing payment information.
  • Anything that is not appropiate for the game's rating (PG17).

4) Keep things neat and in order. this includes the following:
  • Before opening a new topic, search if the question was asked before. Search really works!
  • Use informative titles for new topics. "I have a question" is a terrible title, imagine if all topics had a title like that.
  • Try to stay in topic. If you want to ask about something else, open a new thread. We're not going to be very strict about this one, but if you feel the new discussion is interesting, it is better to place it where someone can eventually find it in the future.
  • Don't refloat/necro very old topics. In those cases, it is better to start a new one.

The moderators might move your topic to a different forum or edit it (with or without notice) to comply with these rules.

A final note regarding Private Messages sent to me. Unless there's a clear reason for your message being private, please share it with everyone and create a new topic in the forum. You'll get faster (and often better) answers that way. I won't provide clues or hints about the game either by PM or email, and I might ignore such messages; sorry if this sounds harsh... but you should see my inbox.

Thanks for your kind attention, please resume your adventuring and/or tavern gossiping ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:30 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Small clarification added regarding spoilers, because I see people is going too far sometimes with the tags, putting whole conversations in spoiler tags, about inane things :)

Talk freely about the game, just don't spoil the little surprises and twists.

"Weapon X is in Nayau Tomb" is not really a spoiler. But "this person will actually betray you later in the quest" or "the solution to the puzzle is..." are spoilers and should be tagged. I hope that's clearer now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:08 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Expanded and detailed point four.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:08 am 
EK Developer, Admin

Added a note about sending me PMs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:39 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Added:

"The moderators might move your topic to a different forum or edit it (with or without notice) to comply with these rules."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:02 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Added new topic out of limits for discussion: "Money exchange among forum users or sharing payment information. "

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]