100% map clear, everyone is dead...

Wyrm

Loreseeker
A lot of awesome players on here, so I know it's not the best, but its my best. Level 24 mage on Hard Mode. All quests complete. All town hall quests complete except for varannari (my friends) and slaves (anti-slavery). Positive reputation with everyone but Jabal -5 and Governor. 100% map is clear. Every boss is dead. Every piece of equipment gotten. All secrets found. Peaceful ending. Friends with Undermother, Minotaur King, Tol, and Lady of the night. Only last 2 levels of hall of wisdom left (DAMN GOLD). It took 108 hours. I will post build and stats when I get a chance.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Wyrm":2rcvj6ni said:
It took 108 hours. I will post build and stats when I get a chance.
How would you rate yourself? As an average player, or a bit over average, proficient, masterful player, great wizard?

I'm asking to try to decide how many hours would an average player need to complete EK on first run, without using wiki or any other help (forum), just with looking at EK with fresh eyes.

I'm thinking it would take someone average (not very into games, not very proficient, and other not very everything) from 120-150 hours, or maybe even more.

What's your take on it?

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Masterful player. Iron mode is really hard! First run without wiki. Hmm. Too many ways to make choices that leave game in weird state. 175+ hours.

Theben

I just started using the wiki, and only for character build (rebuild). Right now I'm at 138 hours and probably another 30 to finish but I'm not going for time. Also about 8-10 hours are extra because of passing out with game on in safe area. :)

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
So, we can even estimate that for average player it could take 150-200 hours?

VDX_360

Staff member
100 to 150 seems a more reasonable estimate for an average player, new to the game, not using the Wiki. But, I can see a few arguments in favor of the 200 hour estimate.

Owns

Loreseeker
The Legendary Outlaw":2u1ebyp3 said:
I hate how everyone here is doing good on normal and hard meanwhile I can't live without the quicksave feature in dungeons.
Don't be discouraged, a lot of it comes with experience. But in the end play at whatever difficulty you enjoy or find comfortable. This game has a very good storyline, sidequests, dialogues, and interesting areas to explore that make it worth it regardless of what difficulty you're playing. That said, using a balanced character build and the right equipment for the right areas will make things easier for you. If you're not skilled at all and have a hard time juggling character abilities, it might be easier to use a character build that focuses on mostly passive abilities and fewer active abilities, probably the Warrior class is easiest to play in that way, but Cleric can work that way too.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
VDX: 100-150 to finish 88 quests, yes. I had all 88 quests done around 90 hours. Had that been my goal 88 quests on hard mode take about 80 hours. To clear townhall, all gear, all bosses dead etc, no way. Its longer by the grind. When "final" update is in I will take 1 final run and try to complete entire content (minus town hall slave and varanarri quests) and including hall of wisdom 250K gold in 100 hours, with mage, on hard. Should be fun