Something seems off with Hirge

Can't put my finger on it but something feels odd about her. David, enlighten us.

Also, please put Hirge or a character similar to her into your next game.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Nice one!

The picture reminds me of someone, but I don't know wich character I'm thinking about.

Maybe a mix of Naruto and the seven deadly sins :lol:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice! You should start an EK webcomic, I dare say it'd have success :)

DavidBVal":wnvkzmqp said:
Very nice! You should start an EK webcomic, I dare say it'd have success :)

Coming from the developer himself, that means a lot. While webcomic sounds like a good addition to the fanbase, I don't know if I could make one. I'll just see what I can bring to the fandom of Exiled Kingdoms.

For now, I'll stick to fanarts and fanfictions. And yes, I'm writing some for the game, mostly lore and/or expanding the backstory according to the game. (Edit: or just stories of the main character and the companions together as a party doing quests, travelling etc.)

Would be nice if we could have an in-depth backstory of the companions or even better, play as the companion in their early life like some kind of extra mode or something like that.

That being said, please put a character similar to Hirge or just put Hirge herself into your next game. :)

VDX_360

Staff member
The artist's rendering presents what looks like a Hirge in her mean tween years.... you know back when she was using Sacred Fire to set Mantros' cloak on fire during lessons on church history.

Hirge is described as being young, but seeming to posses a wisdom beyond her years (or words near that effect). It's a hard mood to create in comic style.

And on the subject of Hirge, she got to celebrate her 7th birthday by being told by her mother "guess what darling, someday we're going to slice you open on the Sacred Seal. now go brush your teeth and get ready for bed."

VDX_360":sat8gfo2 said:
The artist's rendering presents what looks like a Hirge in her mean tween years.... you know back when she was using Sacred Fire to set Mantros' cloak on fire during lessons on church history.

Hirge is described as being young, but seeming to posses a wisdom beyond her years (or words near that effect). It's a hard mood to create in comic style.

And on the subject of Hirge, she got to celebrate her 7th birthday by being told by her mother "guess what darling, someday we're going to slice you open on the Sacred Seal. now go brush your teeth and get ready for bed."

The closest thing to an upvote is a thanks so have one!

That is just what my interpretation of Hirge. Mostly, a young teen (somewhere around the age of 15-17, game text stated that she's barely twenty) with sharp, piercing eyes instead of wide and innocent ones due to her wisdom and all. I originally planned to draw her eyes sharper than the one in the picture.

But as far as my research goes, despite looking and having an air of an adult -or a veteran cleric commander-, Hirge still have her childish-ness in her heart as stated in some in-game texts.
for example, she pouts during a dialog in The Ancient Seal quest, no other characters, not even Grissenda, did this. Honestly, a lot of the quest dialog is Hirge acting her age, one text said she loses her usual cool demeanor and looked like a scared teenager
or she bursted out of laughter in Restoring the Faith quest. It's hard to see Hirge as a teenager because of her portrait but she does have otherworldy wisdom shines in her eyes, after all. So, most people saw her as an adult.

About the whole lighting up cloaks on fire and
"you'll-be-a-sacrifice-one-day" thing
, let's just say its #JustNivarianThings.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hirge wields a 2-Handed hammer when you get her... which would seem to imply some decent muscle tone.

It's not easy to translate snippets of dialogue into a portrait. So kudos for the effort.

VDX_360

Staff member
r/hirgebestgirl":j59jaezi said:
#JustNivarianThings.
Drinking eye ball liquors.
Collecting things one really shouldn't collect.
No knowing what silver does to werewolves.
Buying a blessed trinket that will actually save your life.
"No smoke bomb" signs on every corner.
A house with a Town Hall Vault inside.