Killing the unweakened Undermother; Have you done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnolhamor

If you have; please list the level, traits, skills, gear and class used.

As well as the method.

As of now; with her ability to paralyse and heal she seems unkillable. Even with 10 Strength and the best gear.

Aussie Dude

someone did it at lvl16, and as rouge. was in another thread don't know anything other than that. will try and find it

Aussie Dude

sorry couldn't find it, I think it was in a tester thread that may have been deleted.but I'm not a genius so maybe someone else has an answer. again, sorry.

NutsOSteel

I've done it but it's very hard. I'm a level 25 warrior, geared toward 2 hand weapons, but I had to change it to beat Undermother. First, I had to get INT 3 to get the Magical Training skill to use scrolls. Then I got Spiritual Ward III for +30 spirit resistance.

I geared up with all the spirit resistance gear I had including: Ironfoot boots (+8 spirit), Holy symbol of the Three necklace (+20), Myrosian Breastplate (+4), Ring of Unlife (+10), for a total spirit resistance of +78.

I bought 50 scrolls of Circle of Restoration that heals 50% HP, but more importantly revives your unconscious party member, which for me was level 23 Grissenda.

It took me about 15 tries to figure it out, but basically I just used the Charge IV skill, Bash III skill, and Whirlwind III skill on Undermother. The rest of the time, I was running around in circles using the Circle of Restoration scroll and Potions of Greater Healing. I let Grissenda keep hacking away at Undermother, then when she got paralyzed or died, I'd revive her with a scroll and let her use a Greater Potion. When my skills were charged I'd use them, then keep running.

Basically, if you get paralyzed even once it's all over. Even with the Ankh of Restoration, Undermother will kill you quickly if you get paralyzed. Undermother would kill Grissenda in about 4-6 hits after being revived. I used 21 Circle of Restoration scrolls and about 44 Greater Potions of Healing.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
NutsOSteel":3ie7l7el said:
I've done it but it's very hard. I'm a level 25 warrior, geared toward 2 hand weapons, but I had to change it to beat Undermother. First, I had to get INT 3 to get the Magical Training skill to use scrolls. Then I got Spiritual Ward III for +30 spirit resistance.

I geared up with all the spirit resistance gear I had including: Ironfoot boots (+8 spirit), Holy symbol of the Three necklace (+20), Myrosian Breastplate (+4), Ring of Unlife (+10), for a total spirit resistance of +78.

I bought 50 scrolls of Circle of Restoration that heals 50% HP, but more importantly revives your unconscious party member, which for me was level 23 Grissenda.

It took me about 15 tries to figure it out, but basically I just used the Charge IV skill, Bash III skill, and Whirlwind III skill on Undermother. The rest of the time, I was running around in circles using the Circle of Restoration scroll and Potions of Greater Healing. I let Grissenda keep hacking away at Undermother, then when she got paralyzed or died, I'd revive her with a scroll and let her use a Greater Potion. When my skills were charged I'd use them, then keep running.

Basically, if you get paralyzed even once it's all over. Even with the Ankh of Restoration, Undermother will kill you quickly if you get paralyzed. Undermother would kill Grissenda in about 4-6 hits after being revived. I used 21 Circle of Restoration scrolls and about 44 Greater Potions of Healing.

If it makes you feel any better, I really thought it was impossible :p

I'll make sure to add an Achievement for that on next update... maybe retroactively grant some extra drop.

Schnolhamor

Massive Respect to you; and thank you for sharing your method.

I also notice that she has a weaker spirit resistance; perhaps the Paladin Long Sword can make a dent?

NutsOSteel

Wow thanks David! This is what makes Exiled Kingdoms such an awesome game, great interaction from the creator and I really enjoy the possibilities and "bugs" the game has.

Keep Exiled Kingdoms rolling! I really recommend donating money whenever there's an update. Seriously, I hate freemium games where every little tidbit of fun costs money and there's no way to compete without buying something. Exiled Kindoms lets you enjoy the entire game for just a few bucks.

NutsOSteel

Here's a screenshot with both Undermother's Hide and the Flame Pendant. Also, before people blow me up for a crappy build, it's not my optimal build, because like I mentioned I had to make changes just to beat Undermother!

One last tidbit, I forgot to mention the Potion of Clarity would be a big help (+30 resistance, basically the quest "Shielding the Mind"). You can get one Potion of Clarity for 3 Tesur Flowers from Jachimo in New Anthur, which I'm sure would be a big help. Tesur flowers are hard to find though.

Attachments

• 3.gif
    3.gif
    123.2 KB · Views: 2,924

Merkava

just killed her unweakened version (on "hard," idk if that affects her stats) - tbh, I never even knew you could start a fight with her or else I would have done it by now, lol. killing her was extremely easy - all I did was clear the room of mirmeks so nothing would get in my way while I kited her around the room (using sprint and move speed potions) and then waiting for stab, flurry, and evasion. I only used like 20 potions or something. screenshot below for unweakened undermother damage proof:

W6Vkasc.jpg

this means I can't do the prodigal daughter quest now, right? I never actually got to talk to the flame prophet let alone acquire the quest on this save file before killing undermother - I just ran in the cave and picked the option to kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.