Killing the unweakened Undermother; Have you done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
jacklikeslove":1jpfn8ut said:
did the regen for stuck monster mechanic come into play because of how easy it was to kill the undermother before or did you mean to apply that for the following patches.

I only asked because the undermother also seems to Regenarate HP from being left alone (not in screen)

I killed her in 991 again with the kite via speed potions and arrows but it was tough. if i run too far her HP would go back.

were the Regen "buffs" a means to make the unweakened undermother that much harder to kill?

Every monster out of aggro range heals quickly, and it has been that way since the early alphas. The novelty is that even in aggro range, stuck monsters will fast-heal.

TacticalAE

Im playing as a cleric and she just paralysis me non stop can't do anything.
Playing rouge or warrior is like ez mode.
Cleric needs more good loot.

VDX_360

Staff member
Clerics seem to have a tougher time with the Unweakened Undermother, but it's still doable. Use lots of Circle of Restoration Scrolls, lots of top tier potions.

Isiliax

TacticalAE":2g0aq271 said:
Im playing as a cleric and she just paralysis me non stop can't do anything.
Playing rouge or warrior is like ez mode.
Cleric needs more good loot.

I never had used Adaon before but had to while fighting Undermother. Use him with fast hand weapon and spider venom from New Garand sewers shop. Cleric have to tank undermother as long as you can. When your intervention goes off step back for a while and let mother hit your wolf/Adaon. Then you drink potion of lesser restoration to get mana back and when Adaon dies, Undermother hits you again, You use your scroll of restoration. Don't forget to use spider venom on Adaon anytime info, that it gone off, pop on the screen. Done it after few tries on lvl 18 cleric, took less than 10 potions, scrolls and venoms. Good luck ;-)

Kriben

Translator
battle rage+ resiliance, potions of hp, 7 hits, potion of speed , spin around her until br and r cooldown, repeat. I am so happy right now

knelfd

Lvl 19 Cleric with Griss a lvl 7 follower and Corrosive Maul/Hammer.
Used like 10 Restoration Potions together with Intervention

Even tho i had Spirit Resistance at max (with all spirit res items existing in the game +potion and Battle Prayer) i was constantly paralysed especially when i was low on hp/mana so i figured i just have to keep myself at max all the time to just outtank her, so i Farmed Golden Apples. Didnt have to use Scrolls of Resurrection because i didnt kite her.

The loot was quite underwhelming a black shard and Lionskin Leggings and of course the Undermothers Hide.

VDX_360

Staff member
knelfd":24vuovia said:
...The loot was quite underwhelming a black shard and Lionskin Leggings and of course the Undermothers Hide.
Yep. When the Undermother was first introduced, beating her in the unweakened state was a bit of rite of passage. More stuff's been added to the game, including some useful Advanced Skills, so beating the Flame Prophet and the Unweakened Undermother is a lot easier now. There's a debate about wether in the long run, keeping the Undermother alive is the better choice... but only time will tell.

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
VDX_360":388b6oad said:
knelfd":388b6oad said:
...The loot was quite underwhelming a black shard and Lionskin Leggings and of course the Undermothers Hide.
Yep. When the Undermother was first introduced, beating her in the unweakened state was a bit of rite of passage. More stuff's been added to the game, including some useful Advanced Skills, so beating the Flame Prophet and the Unweakened Undermother is a lot easier now. There's a debate about wether in the long run, keeping the Undermother alive is the better choice... but only time will tell.

Mind pointing me in the direction of that debate? I have yet to decide on how to handle the under mother and her daughter and which way to go with the quest. Been putting it off but the list of other things to do is getting thin.

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
Well i decided to try and take her on and am having a very difficult time so looking for suggestions.

I'm a level 20 warrior. Got my spirit resistance up in the low 90s plus 30 with a potion of clarity. Using the great ax of falling stars.

When i get paralized i pop battle rage and run like mad waiting for it to come off cool down. But i just can't out run her. I keep getting hung up on stalagmites just long enough for her to get a hit in slowly draining my life and if i stop to chug a potion of restorration she catches me and kills me. This is with potions of speed going.

Any advice for an old man with less than ideal finger control?

Status
Not open for further replies.