Killing the unweakened Undermother; Have you done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnolhamor

Merkava":3n8akq7l said:
just killed her unweakened version (on "hard," idk if that affects her stats) - tbh, I never even knew you could start a fight with her or else I would have done it by now, lol. killing her was extremely easy - all I did was clear the room of mirmeks so nothing would get in my way while I kited her around the room (using sprint and move speed potions) and then waiting for stab, flurry, and evasion. I only used like 20 potions or something. screenshot below for unweakened undermother damage proof:

W6Vkasc.jpg

this means I can't do the prodigal daughter quest now, right? I never actually got to talk to the flame prophet let alone acquire the quest on this save file before killing undermother - I just ran in the cave and picked the option to kill her.

I think you broke your game m8.

lol.

p4ran0id

Staff member
NutsOSteel":3559qn9b said:
Here's a screenshot with both Undermother's Hide and the Flame Pendant. Also, before people blow me up for a crappy build, it's not my optimal build, because like I mentioned I had to make changes just to beat Undermother!

One last tidbit, I forgot to mention the Potion of Clarity would be a big help (+30 resistance, basically the quest "Shielding the Mind"). You can get one Potion of Clarity for 3 Tesur Flowers from Jachimo in New Anthur, which I'm sure would be a big help. Tesur flowers are hard to find though.

How did you killed both? First Undermother than flame prophet or can I still kill the Undermother after getting rid of the flame prophet?

Sir_David

I just did it, I'm a warrior level 15, I was wearing the most expensive armor you can buy in freetown and I have a super expensive axe bought in freetown too. I had a mate, the cleric, because she can heal you. I also had a lot of potions, the expensive ones.
I just hit her while i was drinking potions every 3 seconds.
It's hard but not imposible. Good luck!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
There's a reason I started discussion with you with PMs. Keep it that way.

Also, you really need to read forum rules. Not knowing them isn't excuse.

Nargacuga

Sorry I am a bit late, but I will post my build and how I killed the unweakened Undermother relatively easily, without spending tons of cash on potions. PS: I am a pure ranged rogue, so it didn't take massive amounts of skill. My build is unfinished as of yet. I am currently Lv 18, was 17 at the time. This is my first and only character, so pls be gentle if what I am saying is painfully obvious.

Companion = Grissenda, standard tank SnS, but in this fight, she was unimportant. She was incapacitated the whole fight.

My traits skills and equipment are slightly more developed now than they were when I killed the Undermother, but I am squishy enough to be killed by monsters a lot lower Lv than me if I get lazy or make a silly mistake. A lot of previous bosses were harder than the Undermother for this character. This is what I used to kill her at the time:

Equipment:
Tiara of the Heavens
Primal Ice Chain Shirt
Gloves of the Explorer
Bloodied Scarf
Poisonous Longbow & Jester's Bow
Ring of Unlife (X2)
Girdle of the Rogue
Ironfoot Boots
Lionskin Leggings
Ironwill Mantle

Skills:
Evasion III
Trap Master III
Archery III
Extra Recovery II
Explosive Traps III
Precision Shots II

Traits:
8 Agility +2 from Girdle of the Rogue
5 Awareness
1 Intellect +1 from Ring(s) of Unlife/Tiara of the Heavens (trait bonuses of the same type don't stack)

The gear and traits aren't really that important, as long as you have Archery III Trap Master I at least, and Bloodied scarf and Poisonous Longbow. Make sure the area is completely clear of Mirmeks beforehand.

The strategy is to trap the Undermother (move speed reduction) and attack her with the Jester's Bow until a stun proc, the high ATK speed = more stuns with archery III, and you can attack while kiting even without the move speed reduction.

When she is stunned I would switch to the Poisonous Longbow (via Quick slots) to do more damage, then swap back to the Jester's Bow after 3 or 4 hits. The Undermother is not a fast enemy (like Great Manticore or Vorator), so you really shouldn't get hit. If I felt I was at risk, I would use Evasion. Save it for close calls.

Just in case, I had on the Bloodied scarf (stun protection and half paralysis duration) and gear which amounts to 53 Spirit resistance, so in case I did get hit, I would have approximately 25% to halve the duration (which would mean 1/4 in theory, but I didn't get hit), and 25% to negate it completely.

The heals were a pain, but I don't think the Undermother has unlimited mana, because after 4 or so heal attempts (2 of which were interrupted by a stun) she stopped healing herself. It was a long fight, but not hard. Expect sore hands afterwards.

Love the game, Hope this helps somebody.

Here is my character now, as proof (I play on the iPad).

vo1d

Cool trick about switching to Jester's Bow for stun man. Did it really make a big difference?

Apeiros

I am going to preface this with the fact that i haven't killed the undermother yet. But i keep reading the statement that getting paralyzed once is game over against her, and i would like to debunk this. The rage ability will actually break the effect and make you immune for the duration.

Nargacuga

The main reason I swapped to Jester's is so that I could attack with it once every couple of seconds while trap was on cooldown while being chased full speed, without being hit, and when a stun procs off it even better! Any other bow is too slow, you'd have to use evasion to hit safely, and if you messed up while evasion is on cooldown...

Well you'd probably survive depending on the undermother's damage rolls and your armour rolls cause of high immunity to stuns and paralysis means you'd probably reduce 10 secs to 2.5. Being paralysed isn't necesarily game over, just a very very high chance of game over.

EDIT: IDK if it made a difference lol I have no point of reference, I did it first time. When I reach lv 25 I will make a second character on a harder difficulty and then I'll see the difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.