Killing the unweakened Undermother; Have you done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBojingles

I did the same thing but on hard. I could not kite her without speed potions or she would catch me no matter what I tried.

VDX_360

Staff member
Apeiros":igimw0ca said:
... The rage ability will actually break the effect and make you immune for the duration.
+1
Of all the situations to have Rage, the Undermother fight is the most useful.

0rion79

I have always underestimated the rage ability because of the requirements. Yet thanks to the discussion I have changed my mind. But what is the reason of killing the full strength undermother if there is no reward for that?

David if you plan to add some extra reward please change the game dialogues somehow so that the players can choose among an easier life with less rewards or a harder path with more rewards, but not unique item please or that will become a horrible forced choice.

I also have a high respect for all of you who like to use the rogue with evasion, running in circles till the ability is available again, even if that style is not my cup of tea and to me is on the edge of twisting the game rules and exploiting the game engine limit.

jacklikeslove

I did it using Nargacuga's build.

but with 1 new thing to add.

in the middle of the map you will find a stalactite/stalagmite rock pattern. i got her stuck in it and safely emptied arrows unto her. felt pretty anti-climatic considering all the prep that went into killing her.

Comrey

Translator
How do I initiate a fight with the Undermother? There's no option to fight her, do I have to kill the Prophet first?

Comrey

Translator
Well, I decided to answer my own question. Went to the Prophet, killed her and got that nice 45 flame resist amulet. Went back to the Undermother and got the option to attack her.

Goddamn is she strong in her unweakened form, David really did mean for her to be impossible. After dying a bunch of times I just decided to cheese her with Jack's suggestion - I went back to town, grabbed some random shitty bow and a speed potion, cleared the cave of the small cannon-fodder Mirmeks and initiated battle with the Undermother. As soon as it started I popped my speed potion and ran into the big room with the stalagmites in the middle, then ran around them until, eventually, her fat ass got stuck. What followed was a long 10-15 minutes of me, a 2h warrior, popping arrows into her hitting for constant 2s, occasionally critting a 3, but at last her healing stopped (she seems to have enough mana for three heals only) and she went down like a sack of potatoes.

Might not have been the most honourable way to deal with an ancient creature, but she's a nasty bug and I really wanted that hide. :p

jacklikeslove

the rock patterns have been redone. I'm guessing it was to avoid the cheese.
though i wonder if anyone has gotten her stuck after the .991 patch.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just as a brief note, stuck monsters after 991 begin to regenerate.

jacklikeslove

did the regen for stuck monster mechanic come into play because of how easy it was to kill the undermother before or did you mean to apply that for the following patches.

I only asked because the undermother also seems to Regenarate HP from being left alone (not in screen)

I killed her in 991 again with the kite via speed potions and arrows but it was tough. if i run too far her HP would go back.

were the Regen "buffs" a means to make the unweakened undermother that much harder to kill?

Status
Not open for further replies.