Where is the Golem's fist?

0rion79

Hi all, I am playing with a level 15 cleric and I cannot find the golem's fist that I was used to find in the laboratory with toxic fog associated to the poisonous river quest.

I have noticed that the game provides certain items accordingly to the main character's level (thing that usually is pretty lame because I end up getting cool stuff when I don't need it anymore) yet I cannot find it this time and I am moving on with the Paladin's Longsword (that is pretty cool but less useless vs. ghosts) and the lightning mace found in a secret room within Bluerock castle (the one in southern Mercia, with rogues and deserters)

Do you have any clue?

Cheers!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
0rion79":lx2s4z8j said:
I have noticed that the game provides certain items accordingly to the main character's level

From what I know, this isn't so.

Everything is run with loot tables, i.e. it depends on RNG (random number generator), so you can have more or less luck, but it is random within certain limits (i.e. within loot tables).

0rion79

Well, yeah: many thanks -_-'

As I have stated, I have found the Iron Golem fist the first time that I have been able to complete the poisonous river quest with my warrior and archer character, while this time I am struggling.

The main difference is that I built up my characters' Awareness to 3, due to the archery and armor bonus, while I did not with my cleric.

Also, I have looted the Bluerock castle at higher level and I have been able to find a full assassin suit for Adaon, while at lower level I have been able to find only lame leather crap.

I somehow feel that level and - maybe - awareness have an influence over the quality of items that you can find from monsters, not only the random factor!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Well, only David can answer that question for sure, but I still think that RNG is main culprit.

0rion79

Guess what, I found it right after rising up at level 17 with an awareness score of 4

To me there is a link among the 2 things

IceArms

Loreseeker
It's only RNG (at least now), no doubt. Nor awareness, nor level depends. For all random loot.