Cleric handicap? Underpowered?

subgenius

Very happy to hear about some love for the 2h clerics. So far the strongest way to play this class for me has been light 1h weapons and a membership to the warriors guild. Cleric guild benefits are still not useful in my opinion compared to dual and heavy hand for a light weapon cleric. The weapon gap is tough to get past, but once you can snag either despair or a primal fang (both possible by level 10) things speed up a lot. Still nowhere near the damage output of a warrior, particularly against groups, but one on one it is tanky as hell and the warrior skills raise the output high enough to be plenty deadly.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
subgenius":eooyslbe said:
Very happy to hear about some love for the 2h clerics. So far the strongest way to play this class for me has been light 1h weapons and a membership to the warriors guild. Cleric guild benefits are still not useful in my opinion compared to dual and heavy hand for a light weapon cleric. The weapon gap is tough to get past, but once you can snag either despair or a primal fang (both possible by level 10) things speed up a lot. Still nowhere near the damage output of a warrior, particularly against groups, but one on one it is tanky as hell and the warrior skills raise the output high enough to be plenty deadly.

Well, if you were close to the damage output of other classes, then there would be no point in playing the other classes. Last update also includes a few alternative mid level mace and maul for clerics, and the next one will improve the way some skills like Crusader adds to 2h damage.

subgenius

Oh, I completely agree. My only wish would be to make it more enticing to join the cleric's guild. The class is plenty powerful, just a little sad that their own guild feels pretty sub-optimal.

Something to improve the magical damage skills may be key here.

Playanlive

great feed back my brothers really good ideas. Good to hear from David too. I love ek and just wanted to share some ideas, the game is all ready better than the majority of games on the play store, really exciting to hear it's going to get even better!

Playanlive

Great ideas my brothers, I love ek and just wanted to share some ideas. Great to hear from David to. Ek is all ready better than the majority of the play store games. Really excited to hear that it will get even better! [/color]

Landarenrns

I agree, clerics should not have the same damage dealing power as say warrior or rogue.

I have a feeling you want each class to have their own play style. So far I like the warrior a lot, cleave makes me feel like super man with a two hander.
I like cleric, it's like an energizer bunny, they just keep going.
I recently hit 10 on my rogue, I just cannot get a feel for the class.
I am constantly getting into situations where I get wrecked. I think I'm doing it wrong.

Looking forward to the next patch!

Also looking forward to mage :)

Cuckoorex

The problem for me is that Clerics always seem to do best as support; healing, buffing, etc. In most party-based rpgs, that's their role. But if you're playing as a cleric with a warrior or rogue companion, you still end up doing most of the heavy hitting because advanced skills aren't available for the companions. So either expand the party size (let ALL of the available companions join up; a 4 person party, cleric for healing/combat, warrior for fighting of course, rogue for ranged attacks and detection/ trap disarming.) Or give companions advanced skills.

Playanlive

great to hear. Ek is the only game I play from the play store. Every day to. Really good to hear from David to, and hearing that ek is going to get even better!

Xen

Loreseeker
If there is an upgrade for two handed maul, please add new mauls with elements and ability like Holy II or Beastslayer II, Vicious is also Good