Are We abandoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
What question is that?

David visits forum each day at least once.

Do you want our one and only developer to write reports about him reporting to us each hour, or do you want him to spend more time developing game?

We also have general idea when it will be: next month, maybe.

Grim Rapper

Alex420":dy9080x2 said:
Are we? No news of any updates..

Geez dude, have some patience and some slack to David, will ya?
Game developing isn't an easy thing, there's not a lot of things that one developer can do in this vast world of Eiled Kingdom in terms of development. And a lot of ideas that is going to be implemented has to be tested several times by the tester for each features, resulting in more time consuming activity of "waiting-the-bug-report" from the tester until it's good enough for both developer and the tester to be qualified by David.

Pushing David at this critical state of achieveing the 1.0 Version at this point is really tensing everybody else (David himself, Tester, other staff), because it's affecting everything from quality and the gameplay of the game itself. Please don't make the burden heavier to David by demanding faster update, give the man the times that he needs so he can satisfy us with the lore that he molded from the very beginning.

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes, David has abandoned us. Something about "real job," "life" and his "three mistresses in exotic lands" needing his time more :) (see note at end of post)

Update news can be found on the Update Folder, more precisely the Roadmap Version 1.0, link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10076#p32627

Note, that July 17 post has all the awesome stuff due to get updated "mid-august," which David himself calls a "completely unreliable estimate."

One of the big downsides to playing a game in the beta phase is that not only are the bugs still getting worked out, but you can have frustrating delays between updates.

Also, be careful of how you word your complaints about David's update schedule. Annoy him and he'll make "cleric" the only playable class.... He's an old school dungeon master that way.

JarrenDrahn

I swear these people don't even check the pinned update section on the forum. Look before you complain.

Alex420

I check everyday. Just wanted an update figured a post like this would get and it worked. So mission accomplished.
EDIT NOTE: Insult removed.

Board Troll

Alex420":i2q8u8bo said:
I check everyday. Just wanted an update figured a post like this would get and it worked. So mission accomplished.

Trolling is frowned upon unless you're in the fens.

Don't make a habit of it.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Alex420":3otw9a8x said:
Being rude can also accomplish some other missions....

Being polite and honest is best policy in polite and honest society. Being rude just marks you as rude person. And is great and sure way for getting ticket out.

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator Note: The insult was removed, the poster warned. Let's all move on to new topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.