Problems with "The Lost Coven" quest

Shaymer

I'm trying to complete the Lost Coven quest, but when I went to the abandoned tower in the Crimson hills and tried to grab the Journal of Jorgus the Red on the table, it wasn't there. I then remembered that I must have taken it many levels ago and sold it. Is there any way to retrieve it, reset the quest, or complete the quest. Thanks.

This is absolutely my favorite mobile game ever. I think its extremely deep, difficult, and addictive. Keep up the good work. Thanks for this gem of a game.

Shaymer

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
What exactly does your journal say about this quest?

0) If it isn't in your journal, than you haven't received the quest yet.
1) If it says that Tangir is trying to locate the lost coven, than you haven't found and taken the book yet.
2) If it starts with "I have found an ancient tome...", than it should indeed be in your possession.

Case 0) The book may not spawn until the quest is active in your journal, so speak to Tangir first.
Case 1) The quest is active and the book should be there. Are you looking at the right spot (the table in the Abandoned Tower, not the chest next to it)? If you indeed opened the table during an earlier visit and didn't take the book (or dropped it to the ground due to a full inventory), than it may indeed be lost forever and the quest becomes uncompleteable.
Case 2) You already took the book and it should be somewhere in your possession because it cannot be sold. So check your vaults and chests (in your house(s) and Tremadans tower).

Slick24

Worst thing could happen is you accidentally drop it because you're out of space and its gone forever.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You get a popup about that since last update, hard to miss. And it can't be sold.

Shaymer

That's weird then. Never would have left it had I known. Guess I dropped it somewhere. Too bad.
Can we get an option to abandon quests? Not complaining. Just suggesting. This game is amazing.

VDX_360

Staff member
Game is still pre-v1.0, so still some kinks getting tweaked.

The "warning" system should help prevent future players from the same fate. There's been discussion of a mechanism to retrieve lost quest items but not sure that will happen. Seems the general thrust to minimize the loosing of such items.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Shaymer":73ikmbca said:
That's weird then. Never would have left it had I known. Guess I dropped it somewhere. Too bad.
If you got it at some point (case 2 in my post above), than it must be somewhere in your possession. It cannot be sold or dropped. Everything else would be a bug.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Is there a possibility you looted the chests, but not the table?

Shaymer

The table is smashed. I'll look around. Thanks for the replies and assistance.

Shaymer

I'm SOOOO stupid
:D
I was looking in the wrong room, Found it.
I went to the room to the north... Where I had already been. Went to the WEST then North this time. Threw me off. Nothing is wrong. The game is perfect. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. LOL.