The fun has disappeared - I'm finding the Ark far too hard [Spoilers]

Cuckoorex

Grim Reaper":1yg1uytu said:
keeko":1yg1uytu said:
Thank you everyone for replies so far.

So I'm reading about the need to "farm" about 200 potions by running around the same dungeon again and again.

Again, to pick up on my original post - that's not as fun as the game has been until now. The game has been like reading a novel and playing the lead role in the story. My sister Amarisa and the entire world are in mortal danger and I'm running around collecting potions?!

It just seems odd to me how the narrative flow of the game has gone. It's now day 638 in the game - the urgency of the original quest seems to have totally disappeared.

I've absolutely loved this game (and the story) until now and I'm sad that it has come to this - can anything be done?

start new char and make david make 500 day limit or smth.. if u fail to complete main quest in that time u failed.

A big NO on that. Given how much time has to be spent grinding and farming and listening for rumors and sleeping, there's almost no way to build up a character to be strong enough for the main quest ending in 500 days. Talk about taking the fun out of it! Nothing like putting in 500 days' worth of gameplay and then fail the quest.

Cuckoorex

Atomos":12eesiri said:
Soullamp":12eesiri said:
Sadly, I too have found the Ark rediculously hard. I have a level 23 fighter and even with every bit of healing i can muster its just not happening. I also find the theme just too odd, especially when there were perfectly good story roads going. But if you want to finish up a great medieval style story with an alien spaceship and whatever, ok. Im done though. It was fun up until Friguld and i think the focus and cleverness went. Good luck all.
Farming for weapons near the entrance might help ;) .
As for the theme: it's something that developers of HOM&M3 tried to do with Armageddon blade addon. There's probably some interesting reason for that ;) . The sequel will show.

My warrior found an Ion Recurve, which changes things considerably for him, even though he has no special archery skills. Makes the Ark seem almost manageable. Now if only my Rogue could find one...