The fun has disappeared - I'm finding the Ark far too hard [Spoilers]

keeko

Hello all,

I love the game - and I'd like to thank David for the hard work that has gone into it, it really is a work of art :) .

I'm having a real problem with the creatures in the Ark though. I have a Level 22 Warrior with 511 HPs doing damage of 23-29, Armour 29. He's no wimp, he's defeated the 2 new dragons and the Maze bosses.

If I hit the Recovery button I can just about survive a fight with a single Steel Wizards (yes I loose almost all my 511 hit-points!) add a Spider to the mix and I'm dead.

I've tried a couple of times but I can only clear a couple of rooms before I get totally bored/dead and give up. Am I doing something wrong? I'm playing Casual Mode

I also have a Level 18 Archer waiting to have a go, but he has even less chance.

Too be honest, the Ark just isn't fun to play. So much so, I have a feeling it's time to put the game down :( I really don't want this to sound like a complaint - is there anything that could be done to bring the fun back into what has been a WONDERFUL game up until this point?

Many thanks,

Keeko

Sounkeng

A few things:

1) You need to equip all the shock resist equipment you have and buy and use shock resist potions.

2) You may want to consider respecing your character specifically for this dungeon. It is a very real challenge. However, with the right attributes, skills, and playstyle it is complete-able

3) farm a nice supply of potions of galade (and others- perhaps the yellow restoration potions)

4) Shock damaging weapons

I recently completed it with my level 19 cleric. It can be done... but it requires a great deal of preparation. The rewards are very significant though.

Hopefully, some others will have meaningful recommendations.

Grim Reaper

Sounkeng":3m3ewl7v said:
A few things:

1) You need to equip all the shock resist equipment you have and buy and use shock resist potions.

2) You may want to consider respecing your character specifically for this dungeon. It is a very real challenge. However, with the right attributes, skills, and playstyle it is complete-able

3) farm a nice supply of potions of galade (and others- perhaps the yellow restoration potions)

4) Shock damaging weapons

I recently completed it with my level 19 cleric. It can be done... but it requires a great deal of preparation. The rewards are very significant though.

Hopefully, some others will have meaningful recommendations.

when i run it with my lvl 20 warrior for the first time i felt the change in difficulty as well, but it was nothing that i could not deal with it tbh... i think that going 2 handed is better option there... since shield does not really mean much against mobs which use lightning dmg..

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
Suggestion on warrior skills: I combined duel, heavy-handed, and flurry to create an attack that will kill any ark mob in a couple seconds. You will need to respec your agility to 6 (raw) to get trained in flurry from the trainer in the hideout in Freetown but it's worth it. The one or two handed route is up to personal preference. I myself use one handed weapons with a shield for more protection (spiders do physical damage) and because there are added buffs with them (I'm currently using one to boost wisdom for more XP).

I was in the same boat as you but once you get the hang of their attack patterns, it becomes easier. I use potions of armor against spiders, lightening potions against wizards. Combine that with converting small batteries to large ones and recharging at the med panels and your can last indefinitely in there.

Asherun Storba

Translator
As was previously said - a lot of preparation. I finished with 22 lvl warrior although I had some problems, but with 150 potions of galade it can be done:) My 20 lvl rogue had an easier task because I knew what to expect:)

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Its all about grinding and finding before you even think about going to the terror.....

Because he is very easy to kill wen you know what to do..... and dont forgot you DON'T have to fight him afterall.... ;) so I suggest to stop trying and go for the easy ending ( wen all check points are succesfully done ).

goodluck....

ps. Killing the terror about 32 times its very much fun i can tell... its not worth it but its time spending haha.

Xen

Loreseeker
If you're using Shield and Longsword then it is easier for you since you can use the Lightning Blade to deal serious damage plus you have protection from stun and paralysis, you can also use the Shield of Storm for additional shock resistance

For advanced skills, Infantry Training, Massive Criticals, Precision Strike, Body Development, Duel, Heavyhand, Flurry, and Magical Training is what you need.

Bring with you Circle of Restoration Scrolls and Dire Wolf Scrolls, you'll also need Potions of Tragic Hero for better damage and defense. You can also use Potion of Galade as an alternative to ordinary potions then farm golden apples for Potion of Lesser Restoration. Ark of Lothasan is not so hard but you need large amount of potions to survive.

VDX_360

Staff member
The area is designed to be the toughest fight yet, requiring all the tactics you've learned in the game: a good solid build, area specific equipment, potion and scroll use, and some problem solving in how, and if, to progress farther before retreating.

It's a tough area.

RagingAngelo

Even your in hard mode. You can finish it with a good preparation.
And try to balance your Str.Agi.End, focus on what is most benefitable.
Always remember that having 7str or 6str, you have 27 or 34 traits to spend on End or Agi.
Because it's useless to have High DPS when you die and can't use that damage further.

PS. Rumor bosses drops tollassian... That gives you 1trait. So It's possible to max out our dreams. :lol:

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
VDX_360":2oi9kmv8 said:
The area is designed to be the toughest fight yet, requiring all the tactics you've learned in the game: a good solid build, area specific equipment, potion and scroll use, and some problem solving in how, and if, to progress farther before retreating.

It's a tough area.

Can you suggest a sufficient number of supplies to bring with? I've been spam farming the sunken citadel for quite a while collecting potions. About to pop level 20 with my 2handed warrior. Got approximately 50 elixirs of galade and a full set of the new armor. Ashen boots gloves helm, shadow leggings, the new chest plate but using myrosian for better shock resist. Two rings of isolation, a neck that gives an additional 15 shock/10 spirit. A cloak that gives some more. Plus a stack of 50 or so resist shock potions. Oh and I've got a great sword that does shock damage in the vault i can being with.

Is this sufficient or should i keep farming for more of the new potions?