The fun has disappeared - I'm finding the Ark far too hard [Spoilers]

Cuckoorex

In my experience, even 133 major healing potions and over 40 potions of Galade are not nearly enough. I would suggest double or triple that much.

VDX_360

Staff member
Spyder7723":1c781ku0 said:
Is this sufficient or should i keep farming for more of the new potions?
That's not a question that varies far too much on player, build, etc to answer with a simple yes or no. I would suggest that if you're almost at Level 20, why not grind a little more till you level up and than make a run at the Ark?

It's a tough area ... May the Invisible Swamp Donkey guild you...

Gwaihir

Dunno from warrior perspective, but i must admit for a rogue it's not so hard.

When I've read about ark during testing phase i've almost shit my armour. Didn't went there until lvl 21, with over a hundred mino potions, but right now i have two storages of ark stuff, cleared main and reactor area multiple times and with a bit of strategical planning i can fully heal myself using baterries only plus some medkits in reactor level and still some extra stays in backpack after every run.
I died like 2-3 times maybe but only because of a game freeze and David admiration to robo post mortem explosions.

Ive used like 15% of the resources prepared just to figure the stuff up. Once you have it, the ark will feed you without any external resources for lvl 20+ char. I still haven't confronted horror because i simply didn't wanted to. Just for you to know it's not the end of the word there, dont grind too much because it might not be required. Just give it a try. some useful stuff can be found on the main floor boxes as well, got automated gloves from the box after first barrier and helmet from s/e corrner widely available. It gets easier with every peace of junk you'll find there.
From my side i can recommend to put tiara of heaven, half moon medalion and just adamantium sword unless warriors has some better weapon. For a rogue i find it the best and sufficient.

Gwaihir

benleen87":11ppl7oz said:
And what is your rogue build might I ask?

Sure, nothing super fancy. Just melee backstab with assassination. This are maxed, as well as evasion and flanking.
The only thing which is not so obvius is body training on 2nd lvl with 4/5 in str and endurance it gives me 502 hp for 22 char.

Flurry, max crit and prec strikes om 2nd levels.

Im trying to pull them one by one fiering evasion when approach, backstab and flurry once in melee.
Although spider + wizard is not a big deal as well.

Flanking works great for spiders. They are kind of slow with "making turns" it's quite easy to go behind their back after their attack and one shot them with flanking backstab with around 350 dmg.

That's pretty much it.

Soullamp

Sadly, I too have found the Ark rediculously hard. I have a level 23 fighter and even with every bit of healing i can muster its just not happening. I also find the theme just too odd, especially when there were perfectly good story roads going. But if you want to finish up a great medieval style story with an alien spaceship and whatever, ok. Im done though. It was fun up until Friguld and i think the focus and cleverness went. Good luck all.

Atomos

Soullamp":370gzy7t said:
Sadly, I too have found the Ark rediculously hard. I have a level 23 fighter and even with every bit of healing i can muster its just not happening. I also find the theme just too odd, especially when there were perfectly good story roads going. But if you want to finish up a great medieval style story with an alien spaceship and whatever, ok. Im done though. It was fun up until Friguld and i think the focus and cleverness went. Good luck all.
Farming for weapons near the entrance might help ;) .
As for the theme: it's something that developers of HOM&M3 tried to do with Armageddon blade addon. There's probably some interesting reason for that ;) . The sequel will show.

Fenton

I'm in the same boat as soulamp on this. onHave a 23rd level fighter who just isn't good enough. The thought of having to farm again doesn't really appeal. Like others sticking a spaceship in ruined what was a really good fantasy rpg in my opinion

keeko

Thank you everyone for replies so far.

So I'm reading about the need to "farm" about 200 potions by running around the same dungeon again and again.

Again, to pick up on my original post - that's not as fun as the game has been until now. The game has been like reading a novel and playing the lead role in the story. My sister Amarisa and the entire world are in mortal danger and I'm running around collecting potions?!

It just seems odd to me how the narrative flow of the game has gone. It's now day 638 in the game - the urgency of the original quest seems to have totally disappeared.

I've absolutely loved this game (and the story) until now and I'm sad that it has come to this - can anything be done?

Grim Reaper

keeko":1d1np52n said:
Thank you everyone for replies so far.

So I'm reading about the need to "farm" about 200 potions by running around the same dungeon again and again.

Again, to pick up on my original post - that's not as fun as the game has been until now. The game has been like reading a novel and playing the lead role in the story. My sister Amarisa and the entire world are in mortal danger and I'm running around collecting potions?!

It just seems odd to me how the narrative flow of the game has gone. It's now day 638 in the game - the urgency of the original quest seems to have totally disappeared.

I've absolutely loved this game (and the story) until now and I'm sad that it has come to this - can anything be done?

start new char and make david make 500 day limit or smth.. if u fail to complete main quest in that time u failed.