Any advice to beat ark on hard with cleric?

Mvollmers

How extactly are you supposed to beat the ark with a cleric? My offense is too weak to beat the wizards and droids (or i take too much damage that I can't get mana refilled for intervention before it's being used again). It seems like there should be some advantage for a cleric (like shielding) but the cleric abilities mainly seem like a waste but using a "fighter" setup just isn't strong enough.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hmmm.... What's your build? Level, Traits, Skills?
It's a tough area but if you're hitting a wall, let's see if it's something others have hitting too.

Mvollmers

I suppose I'm a paladin build. Basically, see someone, battle prayer and might and go smite my enemy. Use intervention when lose health to keep going. Fine for spiders, and even wizards I can take 1-1, but can't do a droid. I've been using a resist shock potion but still take way too much damage while not doing enough to allow me to beat a droid (or refill mana for intervention). Other thing is I keep getting stunned, even though it gives me a 58% resist chance. I can maybe survive one of those against a wizard, but it seems like it happens multiple times in a row and then I'm done.

Sounkeng

The new 3rd level summon wolf is no joke, and it's high elemental resist makes it a good tank against wizards and droids. My build on casual was summon, might, battle prayer, heal and that was good enough to finish the game with an evil ending as a level 19... But that was on casual. I would still expect that same approach would be effective on hard at a higher level though.

Mvollmers

Here's my skills. Everything also quickly goes sideways when I can't isolate an enemy, and since I have to run past droids that means Ive now got a group of guys.

Mvollmers

Sounkeng":3gtmqmej said:
The new 3rd level summon wolf is no joke, and it's high elemental resist makes it a good tank against wizards and droids. My build on casual was summon, might, battle prayer, heal and that was good enough to finish the game with an evil ending as a level 19... But that was on casual. I would still expect that same approach would be effective on hard at a higher level though.

Maybe I'll have to rebalance then. I found the massive critical to be useful leading up to the ark, but normally I was many levels above enemy as well. Even having someone else pounding on them lets me flank as well, I suppose

Atomos

You need to seriously boost your shock resistance. Try using:
Shield of the Storm(from orc commander, or orc king)
Ring of isolation(there are 3 places)
Ring of star traveler(from ark)
Conductive vest(from ark)
Essence gloves(tower of Tremadan)
Spectral Cloak(last quest in wizard tower)
Ashen gauntlets(ashen minotaurs)
Ashen helm(ashen minotaurs)
Holy helm(mercian royal crypt, you need one of ruby keys)
Leggings of shadows(sunken citadel)
Abbot's ring(I think you got it for quest in the abbey of saint Adamus)
Check out the Wiki, and keep trying. The game won't give you solution easily ;)

Isiliax

Hey!

So I am playing also cleric and for now I found these few tips to beat ark on hard level:

-farm Ashen Wastes/Sunken Citadel till you get ashen set + shadow leggins

-try to clear as many areas on main deck as possible, then while not spending batteries, recall, later you can exchange them for bigger batteries to stay longer in ark

-Farm reactor level until you get scalpel/sword,
conductive vest, goggled helmet, gloves (on the screen) and 2 star traveler rings,

-with these items as you can see your energy resist without any potions will be 137, which means wizards hit = 8, droid hit = 11 (with Battle Prayer III it's 4-5 and 8),

-skill sequence will be different in 2 cases:
* If there are no spiders, Summon Wolf, Battle Prayer, Arbenos Might and fight till the enemies are dead.
*If there are spiders, dont summon wolf until you tank them, then you can repeat above sequence.

-remember than when enemies get low, you can position yourself to the place where you are able to drag your wolf out of explosion,

-don't ever summon wolf on reactor level, radiation is right now deadly, oneshots :)

-If you don't need heal in actual fight, don't use it. Using heal takes time of ~2 of your hits, which significantly lowers time taken to kill enemy. So heal just in danger cases, in others, stay in a place after fight and heal yourself as much as you need,

-try to drag 1-2 enemies in each room to make fights easier, don't rush every place like a Rambo :D

Good luck man, let us know how it goes :)

Edit: and this set of skills works pretty well with me:

Mvollmers

Thanks, everyone. Back to the grind for a bit then to get properly geared up. I haven't gotten the ring to drop yet, so sounds like that will help. I'll keep chipping away at it.

Just an update -the wolf rocks, and upping the shock resistance and finding conductive vest already makes HUGE difference. So I'll keep at it here. Thanks!!

deadcorpze

Thanks for the tips isiliax. it was really helpful. however, i gave up and finished it on peaceful ending instead(i know, i'm so gayy but seriously the parasite is super imba on hard mode. how in the name of the three should i kill this god forsaken creature? :v).
i would appreciate if u can further elaborate more on how to kill it.

Cheers mate d(゚ー゚@)