Tolassian tomes on companion

Medina

Hi, it is Worth to use this tomes on companion? I am afraid that if i use all the tomes on my char, my companion will be too weak on higher levels.
Also if i use this tome on hirge, does it add a point to gris or adaon too? Thx

Sounkeng

Typically people don't think it is worth giving them to companions. However, some players may find an exception to this.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, it only provides the companion that you actually give the tome to the extra trait point.

VDX_360

Staff member
Great question. My last effort to use a Tolassian Tome on a Companion meant THAT Companion got the Trait point, but not the other two, but that was so very long ago.

There are a few situations when using a Tome a Companion makes sense, namely when the trait point allows bumping up a Companion's trait to a critical level (say meeting the INT requirement to use Circle of Restoration) -AND-- the main Character has no real need of one more trait point (traits maxed, or too high for one trait point to make a difference).

But, I haven't tried that in a long time, not sure if it will work the same.

Zwackley

Loreseeker
One of the hardest challenges in the game is an area where companions are not permitted to travel with you. And thus having your main character's stats as strong as possible is helpful. So most tomes should go to your main character. You may find an reason to make a rare exception, but this should not be common.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
Zwackley":26rjyoyf said:
One of the hardest challenges in the game is an area where companions are not permitted to travel with you. And thus having your main character's stats as strong as possible is helpful. So most tomes should go to your main character. You may find an reason to make a rare exception, but this should not be common.

I totally agree. When you enter the ark for the final part of the game, you can't take your companion with you.