Unweakened Undermother down :D also tips

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
Helpful information and tactic that I have use to beat Undermother at level 20 warrior with cleric compation.

A lot of try an error for me as I have tried to kill her since level 16 but without luck. I know there are people strugling there or just want to get some idea about what might help.

Consumables used before and during the fight:
  • 9/10 = Scroll: Circle of Restoration
    16/32 = Elixir of Galade
    1/3 = Scroll: Summon Dire Wolf
    1 = Potion of Giant Strength
    3/13 = Medipacks
    4/37 = Potion of Mana
    3/3 = Potion of Clarity

Traits:
  • Strength 5 (+3)
    Endurance 5 (+1)
    Agility 6 (+3)
    Intellect 4 (+1)
    Awareness 1 (+1)
    Personality 3 (+1)

PS Reason for high Intellect and Personality is that I am working on killing
Horror

Important notes for below:
[*] You will get paralyzed, to minimize the amount of times of paralization I am running with 151 buffed Spirit Resistance as it will resist her paralyze.
[*] I suggest running with a weapon that can stun as it is possible to stun the boss which takes away the damage from her and chances of you being paralyzed as it last really long once you get hit by it.

Equipment list I have used for this fight:

Ashen Helm - Only one better would be Broken Crown of Tol as it has extra 20 Spirit Resistance
Kevlar Vest - Ashen Chestplate would be better as it has Spirit Resistance
Automated Gloves - Best gloves hands down in the game :cool:
Holy Symbol of the Three - Has highest Spirit Resistance but thats about it
Axe of the Minotaur Kings - Personal choice I guess, I'd suggest any weapon with poison damage as she has no resistance against it at all
Ring of Unlife - Probably best in slot, it has everything.
The Abbot's Ring - Gives me Personality which gives Spirit Resistance (there are better ones I just did not want to give away the extra armor from it.)
Force Belt - East choice extra 3 Strength is great
Ashen boots - Best in Slot
Ashen Leggings - Best in Slot
Iron Will Mantle - Health and Spitit Resistance, just pure profit

My skills:

I have not changed any of them for this specific fight, I just happen to play full Damage 2 - Handed Warrior, also known as a Berserker aka Bear-Shirt.

Warrior Skills:

Two Handed Expert III
Fury III
Cleave II

Advanced Skills:

Duel I - I would take Magic Training over this esspecially for Ark. I only took it so it is a bit more into the character as he is a Berserker
Flurry III - Best Skill, I love it, it increases attack speed making you just unstopable
Precision Strike II - More crits the better
Massive Criticals II - Complements above, synergy we are doing some strategy
Heavyhand II - We are glass cannon
Battle Rage I - The most important skill out of all in this fight! It removes the paralysis when you use it and you can use it when you are paralyzed.
Bloodlust II - Not good in this fight but I like it for dungeons etc. anywhere where i can keep my buff up
Spiritual ward III - Super Cheap gives you +30 to Spirit Resistance, just do it! It's worth it

Brief Information on Hirge:

There is not much to say about her, I personally use her as my healer or as my tank when I am running around waiting for cooldown of my potion.

I focus on mana in her gear and any defensive items.

Skills I use on her above, only passives and heal, rest is general skills. I put her on wait and don't attack anything quite often so she just heals me while I kill everything, or attack closest to set up ambushes and make her tank things for me until I get the aggro.

The Underwearmother

[*] Recruit one time hero for a one hit meatshield or a bit of damage (every little helps
[*] Summons, wolf is pretty good, just go for the dire wolf one as its better, I do not know how good is Earth Elemental
[*] Use Scroll: Circle of Restoration on your cleric when you are paralyzed and you think you might not survive until she casts a heal or it wears off to potion.
[*] Hirge thinks of healing at about 40% of your health, a lot of times it might be too late so make sure to keep track of your health
[*] I am tanking the boss through out the whole fight, as everything else for me was too squishy. Elixir of Galade is amazing for this as it gives you extra 12 armor for 8 seconds and heals you for 120 health points.
[*] Make sure that your Potion of Clarity does not wear off as it helps a lot with paralysis
[*] Don't stress about using Potion of Giant Strength because with enough of healing and moderate damage she will eventually die but using a potion that is not helping you survive might be a misstake.

Most important have fun and try out fun new builds, I am thinking off a Archer Warrior at the moment and Dual-Wield Warrior.

Tell me how your tries went and any advice please comment before. A lot of the information I have put in here was from learning by myself and reading what other people have posted on forums.

VDX_360

Staff member
Congrats! Beating the Unweakened Undermother has become a popular part of the game. As discussed months ago, the new content (equipment, potions, skills) have made the Unweakened Undermother a lot easier to beat, but she's still a brutal boss.

One point of clarification through, the Broken Crown of Tol SHOULD NOT be worn against the Undermother unless you have an independent way of stopping stun (Bloodied Scarf, Infantry Training). If you don't know why, than you haven't worn the Crown.

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
VDX_360":16y5wede said:
Congrats! Beating the Unweakened Undermother has become a popular part of the game. As discussed months ago, the new content (equipment, potions, skills) have made the Unweakened Undermother a lot easier to beat, but she's still a brutal boss.

One point of clarification through, the Broken Crown of Tol SHOULD NOT be worn against the Undermother unless you have an independent way of stopping stun (Bloodied Scarf, Infantry Training). If you don't know why, than you haven't worn the Crown.

Thank you. Also what do you think is the next milestone if there is one yet implemented? Would it be
horror
without the help?

I have not used the Brocken Crown of Tol, I have just asumed it would be good cause of the resistance but the damage taken passively is really bad, i could not deal with it, i was thinking of using it on my Hirge as companions keep respawning but I do not really see the point as they cannot comeback during the fight unless you scroll them back up.

VDX_360

Staff member
Obtainable Toast":3s77bpa1 said:
I have not used the Brocken Crown of Tol, I have just asumed it would be good..
Yep, it showed. Be careful of giving advice for the game for stuff you don't actually know. It's great to be helpful, but every once in awhile, some one posts a "advice" post that is full of errors and causes problems for players who read the post in good faith.

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
VDX_360":2mzgpuvo said:
Obtainable Toast":2mzgpuvo said:
I have not used the Brocken Crown of Tol, I have just asumed it would be good..
Yep, it showed. Be careful of giving advice for the game for stuff you don't actually know. It's great to be helpful, but every once in awhile, some one posts a "advice" post that is full of errors and causes problems for players who read the post in good faith.

Thank you I will next time.

bonnerable

Does anyone happen to know how much mana the undermother has? I have a mage with disintegrate. Everytime I hit her with it she just negate it with heal.

Atomos

She has enough mana for about 4 spells, and she'll cast those even if you damage her with something else than disintegrate. You can try to stun her to interrupt the casting. Even though she has pretty high spirit resistance, it might work.

Btw, try to avoid necroposting ;).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
In this case I think it's better to use this thread again since there haven't been any changes to the UM since the first post and nothing is obsolete.