Couple questions from a noob that's hooked :D

Kaevek

So I'm like in love with this game. It's hella fun. So thanks for that. I'll be donating soon.

Now on to the questions.

* Is there eventually a place where I can store gear? I've come to notice there's plenty of different mobs that have different elemental damage and I've found a lot of stuff that when I put it all on I can stack my resist to that element pretty high but if I hold it all I basically wouldn't have much space left to hold stuff I loot.

* The lesser ring of learning, it says you'll learn things a little faster. I'm assuming this means more exp for mobs. I've checked here and can't seem to find out how much extra it gives. Or if anyone really thinks it's worth wearing 2 of them when you're just grinding. That's all the questions for now, but there's gonna be a lot more soon to come! Thanks,

Kaevek

So no need to answer my first question. It appears I just completed a quest and I now have a place to permenantly store some gear. So that's huge. Great job on putting that into the game. <3

FrostSparkz

There are a lot of Storages One from Tower of Tremadan, 2 From your House (If you already bought) (need 30 rep+ from varsilia to visit the castle, 4 From The Vaults in Town Halls (need to buy) , House From Ilmara(Idk How many chests) last Bag Of Holding In Tower of Tremadan (Need to complete the Quest "Masters Laboratory?)

You Can get How much exp by Multiplying it by The percentage of The ring ex: 250 x .5 Or It will be already multiplied either way its the same and Lastt You can't Wear 2 items that give the same Bonus like what you said You can't do that The effect won't stack and will only follow the greater so its a waste of money
I hope I Answered your questions :3

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
FrostSparkz":3p76jfec said:
You Can get How much exp by Multiplying it by The percentage of The ring ex: 250 x .5 Or It will be already multiplied either way its the same and Lastt You can't Wear 2 items that give the same Bonus like what you said You can't do that The effect won't stack and will only follow the greater so its a waste of money
Sorry, but I have to disagree. What you describe is the behavior for trait enhancements only. For all other things (like the XP boost mentioned above) bonuses from different items do stack.

@Kaevek: You can see what exactly a specific item attribute means by tapping on the blue attribute text. This will open a small description window. Or you can have a look at the Attribute page of the Wiki. Also important to mention: Your current total XP boost is displayed in the Character Sheet (when hitting the Details button).

FrostSparkz

MikeB":h0rbd9ml said:
FrostSparkz":h0rbd9ml said:
Sorry, but I have to disagree. What you describe is the behavior for trait enhancements only. For all other things (like the XP boost mentioned above) bonuses from different items do stack.

@Kaevek: You can see what exactly a specific item attribute means by tapping on the blue attribute text. This will open a small description window. Or you can have a look at the Attribute page of the Wiki. Also important to mention: Your current total XP boost is displayed in the Character Sheet (when hitting the Details button).
Ahh ok I didint know that until now thanks

VDX_360

Staff member
Kaevek":38c8l01j said:
* Is there eventually a place where I can store gear?
Yes. Valuts, houses, a tower and even using your Companions.

Early game, storing gear in the Town Hall Vaults is the best option. Four vaults are available for purchase with gold, just like other equipment (and not as an in-app purchase for real-world cash). Each vault is more expensive than the last but they are relatively cheap by the mid-game.

Currently two houses are for sell, when you meet the requirements. Houses offer free resting, a place for your Companions to hang out and chests to store items. One of the houses has an orb to access your Town Hall Vaults from your house (saves some running around). Maybe a later update will have the orb in both houses.

There's also storage chests inside the Tower your character inherits. It's a good place to store stuff you never use but can't bear to sell. It's also easy to forget what you put in the tower so be mindful about storing key quest items there (most common location when people say the game ate their equipment).

Lastly, most players relay on only one Companion. So the other two can be equipped with items as human lockers. Great for storing class specific items.

VDX_360

Staff member
Kaevek":3lkoq7dq said:
* The lesser ring of learning, it says you'll learn things a little faster. ...I've checked here and can't seem to find out how much extra it gives.

First part: Details of the Lessor Ring of Learning, per Wiki
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... f_Learning

Second part, if you click on the Wisdom I attribute note in the Wiki, the attribute page pops up, or found here:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... =Attribute

Wisdom gives 2% increase in XP per rank, thus Wisdom 1 gives 2%. Not that impressive. If you have other rings, likely they'll be more useful to you but if you don't have any other rings, might be a good starting ring. Best to find it, not buy it.

Scrolls of Wisdom can be found fairly regularly in some areas, and those have higher percentage gains.

Note: Equipping equipment with Wisdom attribute or using Scrolls of Wisdom before getting a quest reward (and the linked XP) has not always gotten the predicted XP bonus. Not sure if that exact kink has been worked out. In theory, some big point quest can be sweeten by that method.

Kuratha

Staff member
One final thought I found to be lesser known regarding xp, any xp-boosting items or actions do not stack and only apply to the last one used. Also it is a per character boost.

e.g. using a scroll of wisdom from your character screen will apply the boost to yourself only and not your companion. You'd need to use a scroll on yourself and your companion both.
As a companion already takes a minor hit to xp gain I've found it important to use scrolls more for my companions than myself, being content to donate gold to an priest for a weekly xp boost.