Teleportation stones - when they are becoming active - Spoilers

Gwaihir

Hi,

Anyone noticed what event triggers that?
To be specific I'm referring to the ones outside West gate of New Garand and in mino maze who can jump you into sunken citadel.

My money on one of below:
- Completion of shards of fate
- reaching sunken citadel through the land (and sea...)
- Killing corrupted mino chief behind a force field

Anyone noticed what is actual prerequisite for them to work ?

JarrenDrahn

All you have to do is get to the Sunken Citadel and activate the stones inside it. Once you do, you can freely return there using the 2 you mentioned.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Gwaihir":kn52u3bg said:
Hi,

Anyone noticed what event triggers that?
To be specific I'm referring to the ones outside West gate of New Garand and in mino maze who can jump you into sunken citadel.

My money on one of below:
- Completion of shards of fate
- reaching sunken citadel through the land (and sea...)
- Killing corrupted mino chief behind a force field

Anyone noticed what is actual prerequisite for them to work ?
Exactly as you said, you need to complete Shards of Fate to be able to get to the Sunken Citadel in the first place. You then have to defeat the Underking in the Citadel. It's actually his death that activates the monoliths.

Gwaihir

Dang, that's what I was affraid... Although it was the most logical scenario, I was hopping it can be accessible without potentially going through radiation in this area with my iron man.

Thank you

Kuratha

Staff member
To make life easier, learning from my mistakes, you can find a Strange Hood in Bapaplasyrr cave before braving the fields of death. Much less effort and adrenaline-causing close calls this way.

Gwaihir

theseriousone23":98bosp47 said:
To make life easier, learning from my mistakes, you can find a Strange Hood in Bapaplasyrr cave before braving the fields of death. Much less effort and adrenaline-causing close calls this way.

Yeah, but this alternative is not so sweet as well.
Anyway either radiation mine fields or four dragons and cave full of exploding dwarfs :)

Fair point though, thank you

Kuratha

Staff member
I'd rather run run run from a dragon or two cause at least I can outrun them when things get scary. Those balls of death without some weird head flappy thing -shudders-. They're like a speedy ninja on drugs.

I've also found that if you get far enough away from a mob, even if its chasing you, you can pop a recovery use (if you have any left). -memoirs of a cowardly ranged rouge lass

Denzera

Loreseeker
Gwaihir":3k99lh5f said:
theseriousone23":3k99lh5f said:

Yeah, but this alternative is not so sweet as well.
Anyway either radiation mine fields or four dragons and cave full of exploding dwarfs :)

Fair point though, thank you

Dunno what your build is, but if you grind enough and head into the BapCave with stun immunity (for the goblin "Dragon Priests"), good fire resist, a well-equipped Hirge, a few summon scrolls, maybe Primal Icicle or Permafrost Greataxe, and all the buff potions and res scrolls you can muster... nothing should really be able to stand in your way. None of the dragons paralyze, and for the room with the last 2, you can draw one of them out to the previous room with some patience and judicious bow work. Elder Dragon is no joke, but to a lv 20-21 character with best-in-class gear, there shouldn't be much risk.

Kuratha

Staff member
[/quote]None of the dragons paralyze, and for the room with the last 2, you can draw one of them out to the previous room with some patience and judicious bow work. Elder Dragon is no joke, but to a lv 20-21 character with best-in-class gear, there shouldn't be much risk.[/quote]

I've been able to clear any high-lv dungeon and kill all rumor bosses and named bosses (except Greater Demon, haven't tried him yet) without using any recoveries. I was lv 19 when I attempted Bap Cave and didn't have any trouble with using my sweet lady and her bow.

Just remember's cowards are survivors~ :D Best of luck to ya!

Gwaihir

Considering my main character on hard is lvl 24 rogue... And I've died a few times when going through this caves congrats on strategy to clean it up with lvl 19 iron man archer.

For my ironman cleric it is still a long way to go, and most likely a lot of opportunities to die miserably... Currently lvl 10, just planning ahead for bigger disappointment :)