Black shards

VDX_360

Staff member
Nifty Warrior Tip: With Cleave (hits multiple enemies), physical damage is reduced but elemental damage hits with full force. So weapons like the Sword of Shock (hand, early game), Icicle (light, early mid-game) can be quite devastating to groups.

Blood_shot1

The sword of shock is what I use and my companion uses the sonnet although I'm not sure who or what the sun damage effects. I and my companion have cleave. I have 7/12 shards now, just beat the undermother :). I noticed in the cauldron you can grab the black shard and avoid fighting flavoolzul, I think that's his name lol. I'm wondering if I kill him does he also drop a black shard? Thanks to your tips I am enjoying the game again, I almost stopped playing just happy I joined this site.

Kaevek

I could be wrong but I thought I read that the black shards are a 50% drop rate. Also Not all of the rumor bosses drop them. I collected all the ones that are guarantee drops (Or at least I think they are) then went after the rumor bosses. Probably killed about 8-10 of them before I had 12. Just keep at it. You'll get them :D

VDX_360

Staff member
Kaevek":3k8jkkgn said:
I thought I read that the black shards are a 50% drop rate.
The Lich has a 50% drop rate as it's the hardest of the Rumor Bosses. For the rest, it's a lower drop rate.

Also, rather than simply repeating the Wiki, here's the link to the Random Encounters section. Note the difference between Rumor Bosses and Combative Encounters. The Wiki lists all Rumor Bosses dropping Black Shards except the Skeleton Warlord and Ursan Chief. Those two enemies have level caps at 13 so notably lower than other bosses. There was even a debate to have those two re-classified as Combative Encounters rather than true Rumor Bosses. They were introduced first and have lingered as transitional enemies for players just starting to venture in gossip hunting. They also are triggered to start appearing at a lower level. Don't want level 12 players facing a Lich right off the bat....

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... Encounters

Blood_shot1

Hey bys sorry if I'm driving you with all these questions lol. Just wondering is there a trick to the Inn's alot of the time I'll learn nothing from an inn, then ill sleep for 24hrs to reset the Inn and still nothing I've after sleeping a week at an inn buying drinks each day until I can't but anymore, and still nothing. If I find a rumour boss at one inn , should I then go to another inn somewhere else ? My gossip isn't the best but it is 25% .

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Blood_shot1":29il44ef said:
Hey bys sorry if I'm driving you with all these questions lol. Just wondering is there a trick to the Inn's alot of the time I'll learn nothing from an inn, then ill sleep for 24hrs to reset the Inn and still nothing I've after sleeping a week at an inn buying drinks each day until I can't but anymore, and still nothing. If I find a rumour boss at one inn , should I then go to another inn somewhere else ? My gossip isn't the best but it is 25% .
Just drinking yourself to death in Inns won't give you any new Rumor Bosses. They spawn at a certain rate of REAL time, i.e. about 2 per hour of playing. So best is to do something meaningful (like town hall quests, grinding in your favorite dungeon, standing in New Garand watching people pass by) and visit an Inn from time to time. You just need some patients.

Blood_shot1

I finally got all 12 shards! Woo lol. A big thank you to everyone who answered my questions ,I couldn't have done it with out you