Black shards

Blood_shot1

I am having a hard time finding black shards, I have 3 so far, and the others I know about I can't kill the bosses I can't kill a level 16
Or 17 boss when I am level 16 myself and my companion is level 14 . I have the lady Xider shard and the friguld shard for defeating the snake gang , didn't know at the time I could rob the bank with them lol, and I think one was just a random drop somewhere. Anyways any ideas where to find more of the shards, some that are easier to obtain, I always here if rumour bosses that drop them but I can never find them.

VDX_360

Staff member
Take this, it's dangerous to go alone:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/

Direct Link to Black Shard Section:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... lack_Shard

Rumor Bosses drop Black Shards as a random drop so you don't actaully need to get any Black Shards from fixed, named enemies, but it does help as Rumor Bosses spawn randomly.

More pressingly, what's your build like? If you're having trouble, there might be a few small adjustments that could greatly improve your character's ability.

Blood_shot1

I have a level 16 warrior
5-strength
4-endurance
3-agility
2-intelligents +1 item for 3
2-awareness +1 item for 3
2-perception +1 item for 3

Max whirlwind
Max resilients
Max cleave
Fury 2
Also the extra 2 health.

Not sure if it's good or not, I'm still getting whooped lol.

VDX_360

Staff member
First impression: If you're a 2-H Warrior, the Skill Two-Handed Expert is vital. Extra damage, stun chance. If you're a 1-H Warrior, Infantry Training is nifty. If you're a light weapon user, higher agility would help and set you up for Warrior skill Flurry.

Blood_shot1

I switch between a light and 2-h mostly use my light so I have more armour with the shield.

Companion build warrior
3-strength
2-endure +1 item for 3
2-agility
1-intelligence
1-awareness
1-perception

Whirlwind 2
Resilients 2
Fury 1
Shield expert 3
Cleave 2

Light weapon

VDX_360

Staff member
Blood_shot1":38b4ee21 said:
I switch between a light and 2-h mostly use my light so I have more armor with the shield.
And there's the major hiccup.

While trying to swap between 2-H Weapon and using shield has appeal in theory, such design hinders the character far more than it's worth. A better approach to to pick a weapon category and build around it, or build around a 2-H weapon and carry a 1-H./Light weapon to swap out (putting the shield in the shield slot and a weapon in a quick slot will allow a quick swap out.

Blood_shot1

I think im going to have to level my character. There are only a few bosses named where to get the black shards, than the others are random this seems annoying, it may take a while to find random bosses to collect these shards, and they may not drop them all the time right? Hopefully I figure it out this is the best RPG i ever played , but this quest is frustrating me lol. I need this quest in border to access the ashen wastes right? I haven't found a way there . Thanks for your help

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes, completing the Shards of Fate is required before taking on the Ashen Wastes. As the game was being developed, there were more fixed Black Shard locations so there's less of a need to hunt Rumor Bosses, but they do take time.

The Shards of Fate, as a quest, is designed to be work on while working on other game content--more of back ground quest. But since all the top tier equipment (as of this update) is in the Ashen Wastes, everyone is in rush to get there.

As for Rumor Bosses, check once or twice per hour of REAL time. If you're gossip is decent (lists in character states) a few attempts will let you know if there's a Rumor Boss around. Might take a few gossips to get the exact location but after awhile you start to develop a mental list of where each type tends to spawn (here's a hint, undeand tend to spawn in crypts, giants on open maps etc). Also, Rumor Bosses can spawn inside SECRET ROOMS of dungeons.

Happy Hunting. The Ashen Waste is hard so you'll need the levels no matter what :)

Blood_shot1

This game got me drove now, at first I was having so much fun playing and now I'm at a stand still. I got 69/80 quests done and I can't do anymore, I don't understand why they made the bosses with the shards so hard . Am I supposed to be level 25 or 30 to beat them ? Now that there isn't much quest left it takes forever to level up, I'm level 17 and can't move forward. I've after beating several rumor bosses and that never drop shards or anything good for that matter . I don't really know what else to do , I want to beat the game, but I might end up stopping the play through and never competing it . Also I am only o. Casual difficulty, I would not have liked this game at all if I couldn't save on the dungeons lol. So either I'm just bad at the game or I'm missing something.