Princess of the sea - Karak problem?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Just to clarify a few things: You cannot fight Kakrak before talking to the princess and accepting the quest, because only then the lever for activating the bridge (which leads to Kakrak) can be activated. Thus, you cannot get the pendant without having the quest active. Once you got the quest, fought Kakrak and collected the pendant, the latter cannot be sold.

You can easily check whether you already got the pendant or not by looking at your journal. If it still says that you should retrieve the pendant, than you never took it. However, if it says that you obtained the pendant, than you got it at some point and may have stored it in one of your vaults or chests.

There seems to be one scenario which might explain your issue: You got the quest, stumbled upon Kakrak without noticing it, killed him, but never looked at his loot. In this case you don't get any warning message about leaving quest items behind and Kakrak will never spawn again, rendering the quest impossible for you.

BiggusDickus

MikeB":vtv5n8m6 said:
Just to clarify a few things: You cannot fight Kakrak before talking to the princess and accepting the quest, because only then the lever for activating the bridge (which leads to Kakrak) can be activated. Thus, you cannot get the pendant without having the quest active. Once you got the quest, fought Kakrak and collected the pendant, the latter cannot be sold.

You can easily check whether you already got the pendant or not by looking at your journal. If it still says that you should retrieve the pendant, than you never took it. However, if it says that you obtained the pendant, than you got it at some point and may have stored it in one of your vaults or chests.

There seems to be one scenario which might explain your issue: You got the quest, stumbled upon Kakrak without noticing it, killed him, but never looked at his loot. In this case you don't get any warning message about leaving quest items behind and Kakrak will never spawn again, rendering the quest impossible for you.

well i had the part of the quuest to find the princesses.... but i had not talked to her yet. the lever was deffinitely working at that point as i remember (after watching the video) that i did get the pendant and the sharkskin boots but the stats on them were worse than what i had so i just sold em. i am certain all this happened in that order after further reflection.

when i get to that part on my new fresh game playing a rogue, i will save and try to recreate just to be 100% sure and post my findings here.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If you still keep your old save, please tell me what does the journal say about the quest.

Also... I have to ask, because, well, this happens more often when items that are wearable. Is there a chance the pendant is equipped on your char or a companion?

BiggusDickus

DavidBVal":2secyuy4 said:
If you still keep your old save, please tell me what does the journal say about the quest.

Also... I have to ask, because, well, this happens more often when items that are wearable. Is there a chance the pendant is equipped on your char or a companion?

so, i did not have a savegame far enough back to check and the pendant is deff not equipped, i checked and i remember it had worse stats than what i was wearing anyways.

i did, however start a new game... now I'm a lvl 8 ranged rogue and I'm back at that spot.
I'm at the part of the quest where i habe to find the princess but guess what... the lever for the drawbridge says it's stuck.

gonna fool around a bit more....

edit: as for your question, the quest said if i can retrieve her pendant, she will be free. but when i got the pendant i was on the part from the fortune teller... saying there is a damsel in distress. i dunno if it got glitched or what but this is strange indeed.

Sounkeng

The princess is outside, and you have to talk with her to enable the lever to be unstuck. So everything is functioning as it should in your newest game.

BiggusDickus

Sounkeng":1q7vv7xg said:
The princess is outside, and you have to talk with her to enable the lever to be unstuck. So everything is functioning as it should in your newest game.

yes, agreed. i roqmed aroud the dungeon and it stayed stuck until i spoke with the princess.
i killed the karak and looted his body... this time i got the quest update notification and it seems to be all working as intended. not sure what the problem was in my previous game. basically, i wasn't able to recreate the issue... sorry. guess it's one of those elusive type bugs.

thanks for all the responses.
on a positive note... this ranged rogue is da bomb. most survivable dps character yet.

Alerir

Same thing happened to me, I might have fooled around in the dungeon after talking to the princess and accidentally kill Kakrak without taking the loot. Went away doing other quests and came back long time after to complete this quest and no kakrak to be found and still have the quest opened telling me to go there.