Lv. 15 Ironman ~vs~ HORROR (Video!)(Spoilers)

Ian Skylark

I wanted to show that with the proper build, preparation and determination anything is possible if you put your mind to it!

... That and I got insanely lucky a couple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSUBfE ... e=youtu.be

Leave your thoughts, I enjoy reading what you guys think. I kept all the footage from previous bosses I fought such as the Kurg King, Zombie Dragon, Underking and ahem...
.... a little friend of mine that likes a certain cave in Bluemist.

If anyone would like me to make a little boss montage video featuring all of them, just let me know.

Chao!

(Oh, to anyone wondering about my AWA being at 2 - I thought the Goggled Helmet had 3 AWA so I could get 5 for peaceful ending..
... It has 2)

Zeekoslav

Impressive and only 87 days, you really spent some time in to this game.
Good job, very impressive.

Kuratha

Staff member
Most impressive~! So for everyone who has complained about playing a cleric life, here you go. Guess we all have a thing or two to learn about being one. o_O

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Impressive video... I really thought you were going to die at the end!

I never thought anyone would be able to endure the Ark at 15, much less ironman. Grats!

theseriousone23":2hu028ti said:
Most impressive~! So for everyone who has complained about playing a cleric life, here you go. Guess we all have a thing or two to learn about being one. o_O

Probably no other class could do this at such level... but after seeing this I can't really be sure of anything. You guys have gone places beyond what I designed in the first place :mrgreen:

phaolo

Loreseeker
I can't watch this right now due to spoilers, but.. +1 for the achievement! :)
(video added to my YT watch list)

RagingAngelo

I would like to congratulate although theres something in me which is doubtful about this video. And I can feel they do the same too. But nevermind. Its a great achievement! Congrats!

VDX_360

Staff member
I would be remiss to point out the video has a emulator save-state feel to it... which would explain certain combat choices but to be fair, that's mostly my brain trying to reason out the skill and luck needed to get that far at that low level.

Still show cases what a Cleric can do when built right.

Ian Skylark

RagingAngelo":3dyo575w said:
I would like to congratulate although theres something in me which is doubtful about this video. And I can feel they do the same too. But nevermind. Its a great achievement! Congrats!

Thanks, but do what?

VDX_360":3dyo575w said:
I would be remiss to point out the video has a emulator safe-state feel to it... which would explain certain combat choices

Emulator safe state? What do you mean?

Maybe I should have noted this wasn't the first Iron I attempted this on. I burned through a couple others before even getting to the ark.

As for the Ark itself, I spent a lot of time there on my main who's not an ironman. I figured out how to deal with each floor as best I could through a lot of trial and error. For the wizards and Droids I tried to keep my resistance around 180 so they would at most tickle. Against the Horror I managed to get a spirit resistance of 196 since I couldn't afford getting paralyzed more than once, which is what intervention affords me if it happens (figured this out through messing around with the Undermother on my main Cleric)

And for the reactor level in the video, I was in too deep before I knew it and couldn't run out due to spiders crowding the hallway. Standing still and taking on 4 at a time wasn't in my best interest either so I went to the generator where I'd have space to manouver. I'm not sure if this was the part you referred to when you mentioned combat choices?

VDX_360

Staff member
Don't let our stunned skepticism distract from your accomplishment... Seriously, good job and congrats.