Mamba fang

Zeekoslav

What's the drop rate for giant mamba fang, is it just me or this item is that hard to drop?

AhDeh

The drop rate is awfully low, took me 5 clears of the zone to get both of them.

Kuratha

Staff member
Maybe David could look into this. The wiki states the drop rate as Uncommon but I feel the drop rate is between 1-3%. I cleared Emerald Cove and Kurg Cave at least 15+ times before I got a single Giant Mamba fang.

Zeekoslav

After I posted this topic yesterday I went to jungle and first big mamba dropped the fang.... Luuucky.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's been an more in-depth discussion of the success and failure rate for players looking for rare drops, It can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10279&hilit=binomial

For this example, let's presume the drop rate of the fang is 3%, and each attempt is each Mamba killed (and keep in mind the limited number of Mamba's in each area). Note at 3% drop rate, 54% of players will still not have gotten the fang to drop after killing 20 Mambas, and 5% of players will still not have gotten fang after killing 100 Mambas. In contrast, 3% percent of players will have gotten it on the first Mamba killed.

So a small handful get the fang the first try, a small handful are left with nothing after 100 Mambas... rather brutal spread.