A key to the Past - OCD observation

BiggusDickus

ok so i got another one for you.

During the part of the quest when you fight your way out of the dungeon... if, after, you happen to be ocd and like to keep your inventory clean and drop off the inheritance letter in your vault and go back to the magistrates house.... nothing happens. no way of knowing how to continue the quest. fortunately, i happened to have 1 awareness and when searching the corpse in the house, told me that something is reacting to possibly a missing item. had to check the wiki (which was written by a non ocd player) that the inheritance letter reacts to the corpse???

anyways... maybe making important main quest items not storable in the vault might give a few players a fighting chance of completing this without having to resort to wikipedia. not sure, maybe I'm just incredibly stupid.

thx.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's a valid point about how easy it is to miss that quest trigger, but storing quest items in the vault is essential to item management. After all, there's no time line to start that quest. Heck, I like to put it off to Level 20 or so (only a slight exaggeration).

Also, that part of the quest, if I remember correctly, predates Town Hall Vaults so when originally designed, there was no place to store the letter. Currently, most people trigger the quest before buying a vault.

There might be room to alter the text in the letter itself about needing to bring it the letter itself to the magistrate.....might?