Bear Necessities

Bozotros

I'm new to this game. Been playing a week as a rogue. Just made Level 4. My skills are stab, invisible, kick, evasion, ranged weapons.

1. Where do I find a ranged weapon? The Weaponmaster in town doesn't seem to have any.

2. How do I deal with bears? I can't seem to outrun them or outfight them.

VDX_360

Staff member
Take this. It's dangerous to go alone.
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/

The weapon smith in Lannegar sells a bow, doesn't he? Bows can be found at weapon merchants, traveling merchants, enemy drops, chest loot and quest rewards.

At Level 4, you might want to avoid places bears roam, such as New Anthur Bay and Crimson Hills. General rule, if you're dying, you're not ready for that area yet. It's a long game, lots of places to explore, lots of levels to get, so no rush.

There are quests around Lannegar, that you can work on until you're a little higher level. If you've already done them, you can run the nearby dungeons for loot, secrets (if you haven't found them) and than maybe look towards following the hints about the letter quest.

Also, do you have a Compnaion yet? Grissenda is easy to get (sort of) over in Northern Bluemist River (just west of Lannegar). As a rogue, you can run in, run around enemies like a headless chicken, grab the quest item, and run out. Be nice to Grissenda and she joins. As a Warrior, esp if a Shield Warrior, she helps compliment rogue builds.

Bozotros

Thanks. I guess I need to get better at running and evading. I got killed in that Grissenda dungeon and don't have enough recharges without going all the way back to town.