Nivarian Reputation

Radigund

I need help in gaining reputation with Ilmara.
I’ve got a level 22 warrior happily pillaging the ark, but my level 20 cleric is currently stuck. All the available quests have been done, but I still need the extra 6 reputation to be able to enter the Hall of Wisdom.
How do the town hall quests work exactly? Up until now I’ve avoided them as the wording is so vague and there have lots of other things to do.

Does kill a named witch mean visiting all the vennari encampments in the area, and does collect a saints remains mean a trawl of all the crypts and abbeys? I’m loathe to start in case I fail and start losing rep. :(

Thanks in advance.

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Have you done all the other quests that can give rep to IImara and Nivarian?

2) Running Town Hall Quests at Nivarian, the capital, is likely your fastest and best way. Avoid the ones that involve hunting down and killing Varannari, as those could involve negative rep with Varannari, unless you're okay with ruining your relationship with the Varannari. A Town Hall Quest from Nivarian will add +2 Rep( double check with new update and all the various quests).

As for mechanics, each Kingdom/Town has a pool of Town Hall Quests with random spawn points. Quests are randomly available (exact mechanic of which ones and how many is unknown). Rewards include gold, XP, rep and sometimes items. Some quests will earn positive rep with one faction for completing but warn a negative rep with another faction, namely hunting down Varannari will hurt your reputation with the Varannari. Rep is earned in the city and kingdom of the quest, or just for the capital.

Town Hall Quests have time limits, and pay close attention to when you agree the time limit when deciding to take a quest. As the spawn points are random, you'll spend a lot of time listening to rumors (gossip comes in handy here), or you'll have to clear a bunch of dungeons and hope you get lucky. After awhile you may start noticing a pattern of where quest items or quest enemies appear but it is random so not a prefect system. Also, keep in mind, quest items or quest enemies can spawn INSIDE secret rooms.

Also, the offered reward can serve as an indication of the difficulty of the quest enemy. More gold, tougher enemy.

There may be an upper limit of ~100 or so Town Hall Quests available across the game, but that could be due to the simply completing all the entire pool for each town or from a max cap on number of town hall quests a player can get.