Traits cap

VDX_360

Staff member
Alan_SP":3g09c65g said:
I don't have actual source code...
I'm not allowed access to the actual source code ever since that incident I deleted Adaon from the game... I regret nothing!

On a serious note, when a misunderstanding happens, it can linger for quite some time until someone catches it. Moderators just repeat what's in the Wiki, been said by David (or other user) or what they've seen in game. Obviously, not a prefect system.* So thanks to the poster for catching it. Also, being mindful of certain forum rules, there was an issue with a few players getting having than 10 trait points, but that was not by design and those posts were removed (again, mindful of forum rules).

*It would be a better system if Loreseekers weren't drinking so much Friguld rum every time they edit the Wiki. I swear those guys drink till a troll is pretty, than decide that's a good state to write up a tech manual. Bunch, of good for-nothing-off-spring-of-a-swamp-donkey, closet pets of the Baron Storme. May Syllara gnaw on their bones. :)

VDX_360

Staff member
Comrey":2c4lpa02 said:
No issues then, except the fact that the plus sign isn't grayed out when you reach 10 in a specific trait giving you the illusion that it can go higher (hence why I searched for the cap in the first place). The way VDX and Alan stated it in their posts heavily implied that the natural cap was 12,
Good catch on the grey out issue. That --should--be an easy fix.

As for my post you link to, that post was about the difference between Level Caps and Trait caps so I wasn't exact on the numbers I used to illustrate the point for that post. I tend to play well rounded characters so really don't run into the Trait Cap issue that often.

I might also suggest an in-game note that the natural cap is 10