Traits cap

p4ran0id

Staff member
I think 10 is maximum. You can raise it higher, but only with items (force belt, etc) I tried it with my latest character, so it has nothing to do with that

Comrey

Translator
No, they're definitely capped at 12. I just searched through the forums and both David and Alan have stated so. Unless my info's outdated and David reverted it back to 10, there's definitely something wrong here. Maybe 1.1 broke it?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't made any (intended) changes to traits in the last months. Max natural trait is supposed to be 10, max augmented trait is supposed to be 12. Checking.

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":23durva4 said:
I Max natural trait is supposed to be 10, max augmented trait is supposed to be 12. Checking.

Max natural traits is 10 max
Augmented traits going up to 13 with right equipment

Screenshot_20180321-185328.png

Screenshot_20180321-185332.png

Comrey

Translator
DavidBVal":v97o0g8q said:
I haven't made any (intended) changes to traits in the last months. Max natural trait is supposed to be 10, max augmented trait is supposed to be 12. Checking.

Define "augmented" trait? Do you mean including gear? In that case everything is working as intended, my maximum trait is 13 STR which is a natural 10 with +3 from the belt.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I'm referring to posts in this topic, where Alan specifically says traits "used to be capped at 10, but now they're 12" and VDX mentions how it takes 78 trait points to max out a trait to (what I assumed to be) a "natural" 12, since it only takes 55 trait points points to reach a natural 10.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Comrey":20vtca39 said:
DavidBVal":20vtca39 said:

Define "augmented" trait? Do you mean including gear? In that case everything is working as intended, my maximum trait is 13 STR which is a natural 10 with +3 from the belt.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I'm referring to posts in this topic, where Alan specifically says traits "used to be capped at 10, but now they're 12" and VDX mentions how it takes 78 trait points to get a trait to what I assumed to be a "natural" 12, since it only takes 55 trait points points to reach a natural 10.

Natural cap is 10 and was never intended to go above that. As for item bonuses, I am not currently home and can't check the code... if you got a 13 then obviously I remembered wrong and I increased it so it would work with the +3 item.

Comrey

Translator
DavidBVal":vmfdu6au said:
Comrey":vmfdu6au said:
DavidBVal":vmfdu6au said:

Maybe I misunderstood, but I'm referring to posts in this topic, where Alan specifically says traits "used to be capped at 10, but now they're 12" and VDX mentions how it takes 78 trait points to get a trait to what I assumed to be a "natural" 12, since it only takes 55 trait points points to reach a natural 10.

Natural cap is 10 and was never intended to go above that. As for item bonuses, I am not currently home and can't check the code... if you got a 13 then obviously I remembered wrong and I increased it so it would work with the +3 item.

I see. Fair enough. No issues then, except the fact that the plus sign isn't grayed out when you reach 10 in a specific trait giving you the illusion that it can go higher (hence why I searched for the cap in the first place). The way VDX and Alan stated it in their posts heavily implied that the natural cap was 12, hence why I thought something was broken lmao. Thanks for clearing it up.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Comrey":5naijm6z said:
DavidBVal":5naijm6z said:
Comrey":5naijm6z said:

I see. Fair enough. No issues then, except the fact that the plus sign isn't grayed out when you reach 10 in a specific trait giving you the illusion that it can go higher (hence why I searched for the cap in the first place). The way VDX and Alan stated it in their posts heavily implied that the natural cap was 12, hence why I thought something was broken lmao. Thanks for clearing it up.

Definitely that button should gray out, thanks for reporting!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Comrey":14hwuk27 said:
The way VDX and Alan stated it in their posts heavily implied that the natural cap was 12, hence why I thought something was broken lmao.
Sorry for confusion, I (and I'm sure it includes VDX_360) refer to info from David. I don't have actual source code knowledge as David does, but I read messages posted here by David and just repeat info.

This can lead to some misleading postings, or wordings.

At least now we all know that 10 is natural maximum which also allows for maximum of 13 with gear, if there's such gear.