Traits cap

Fiorr Xeffar

Loreseeker
I recently hit Strength 10 on my lvl 21 warrior and expected it to be maxed out, but the grey plus is still there and storing 11 trait points just to check whether it is possible would be too difficult, so can anyone confirm if you can level traits indefinitely, or if there is actually a cap? The Wiki doesn't seem to know and I wasn't able to find it here on the forum aswell. Thanks in advance.

Cuckoorex

Fiorr Xeffar":fdbipmfa said:
I recently hit Strength 10 on my lvl 21 warrior and expected it to be maxed out, but the grey plus is still there and storing 11 trait points just to check whether it is possible would be too difficult, so can anyone confirm if you can level traits indefinitely, or if there is actually a cap? The Wiki doesn't seem to know and I wasn't able to find it here on the forum aswell. Thanks in advance.

I believe it's capped at 12. I'm not sure if traits can be raised above that with equipment or not, though.

Fiorr Xeffar

Loreseeker
Cuckoorex":1jizuax6 said:
I believe it's capped at 12. I'm not sure if traits can be raised above that with equipment or not, though.

It can, I have the Force belt, so I have 13 strenght now.

VDX_360

Staff member
game version?

And keep in mind caps on natural trait limits would prevent raising a trait past a certain point in the level up fashion, but bonus from equipment and skills (i.e. battle rage) would still apply, giving a value over the natural limit cap.

Comrey

Translator
I saw David mention somewhere he increased the cap to 12. Just tried increasing my strength from 10 to 11 but it didn't work. The plus sign was there and it was lit up (as in, not grayed out) yet I still couldn't upgrade it. It asked me if I wanted to spend 11 trait points increasing my trait, and when I pressed "yes", nothing happened.

Shame. I didn't actually intent to increase it to 12 and keep it there (need other traits lmao), but I had just reset my traits and made a save, figured I'd test to see how much HP Body Development would give me at 12 STR and 12 END. Has anyone actually gone beyond a 10 trait and can confirm the cap is 12? Just wanna know if it's broken for me or broken in general.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It seems 10 is maximum. Just tried it and I can't go beyond 10 trait points

Comrey

Translator
Good, I guess, means it's not just me. My Warrior's almost a year old though, back from a 0.9 patch I think, so either it doesn't apply retroactively, or something is screwed up lmao.