Who are the Outsiders?

Raven McKillem

I know demons and elemental are outsiders, but are some dragons also? Wiki shows at least one dragon as an outsider. Please list all that are effected by banishing damage. Thanks

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Acid Elemental
Demon
Demonic Spider
Dimensional Parasite
Director
Earth Elemental
Fire Elemental
Flame Priest
Greater Demon
Hell Hound
Ice Elemental
Icylon
Imp
Imp Lord
Lord of the Pit
Sparkling
Zeghast
Can you remember which Dragon is labeled as an Outsider in the Wiki? That must be an error.

Raven McKillem

Under Beast Attributes in Wiki dragons are listed in Elemental section, not under Outsider section. My error. That begs the question, are not all elementals considered outsiders?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Raven McKillem":1jucy925 said:
Under Beast Attributes in Wiki dragons are listed in Elemental section, not under Outsider section. My error. That begs the question, are not all elementals considered outsiders?
The Beast Attributes page is not really tended, more or less a stump. It will be reworked at some point, but there are more urgent things to do right now.

But the reason why Dragons appear as elementals there may be that some of them carry a "fire_elemental" or "ice_elemental" attribute, which means that they get healed by fire/ice. This doesn't mean that they are elementals in a strict sense. It's just the way David handles the different beast properties. All "true" elementals (emerging from some elemental plane) are indeed outsiders.