Plane of fire

Joe Simon

Man, there has to be a better way than just running across this map and dying, I seriously wish a brought a speed potion with me. Oh boo hoo I want my mommy!

Noroth

Loreseeker
Hey what class and build are you using ? I completed it with a lvl 23 mage on hard using the warrior companion and stacking maximum fire resist gear and greater resist potions + last winter. I full cleared it grabing the 3 chests and killing the lord of the pit. A couple of tips that you may find helpful regardless of class and build:

- Breno helps a lot, try clearing the final boss with his aid to get that skill tome
- The chests contain some greater fire resist pots as well if you want to save up some gold. I believe that it was 3 per chest. Also they contain a +30 fire resist ring but I think that they were only 2
- The lava river hurts a lot but there are some patches where you can heal up when moving towards the castle. Also definetly use speed potions here
- Stack up on ~30 health pots from either the ark or the sunken temple
- Get some gear with ice damage
- Take it slowly and plan your moves, if you can't defeat the flame elementals I suggest just giving up and save Breno to defeat the final boss until you have a better build

Joe Simon

Finally made it through! The sewer of horror takes less time than the ark to complete but the anxiety level doing it is through the roof!

Delvingangel

Okay... So I think I'm screwed. Cleared sewer, cleared underlevel, totally out of healing pots. I'm a level 21 mage (earth summon/staves) with nearly 200 fire resist. Even at full health with shields and a resist pot up I'm dead before making down the fire river to access the castle. Am I stuck? :( I've spent hours doing this place (I know I suck) and I really don't want to have to reload an old save. Any ideas?

VDX_360

Staff member
If you're out of healing items, than you might just be stuck.... I'm guessing you're playing on casual with the ability to save INSIDE the dungeon?

The Sewers of Horrors is designed to be the toughest part of the game, brutally tough so it's not that you "suck" so much as the area is terrifying.

The Sewers is still relatively new but it looks like party supporting Clerics have the easiest time because of their healing and party boosting skills (Arbenos' Might and Fire Plane have an obvious challenge). Warriors, all three builds, seem to do well so long their healing potions stay in stock (healing Hirge helps, too). Rogues and Mages have the hardest time, on average, because their glass cannon natures are inherently challenged by marathon dungeons. There are builds for all three classes that dominate the Sewers, but it is designed to be a tough area.

Delvingangel

Dang. I've had a blast down here so even if I do reload I couldn't consider it time wasted. Yeah though, playing casual for my first mage run. Only played warrior previously so I wanted to stack the deck.

Glad that the place really is just that hard and it's not just me, :lol: Oh and I made another save before going in since I knew it was one way. I won't lose much.

Edit: if anyone ends up in a similar spot. The dragons drop healing items. I'm in the process of farming them (using the camp to heal) and plan to push forward soon!

Joe Simon

Ya I had to make a second attempt at it also. The second time i just made sure to farm the crap out of elixir of galade, and if you have hirge bring those mana potions. When I was low on health I'd heal through hirge and save my health potions. Also it may be helpful to note that t here is a place to rest up down there.

Atomos

This area is truly difficult. At first I was like:
I don't like this at all! What kind of a sadistic ffffff....(burned to cinders) ;x.
Scrolls of circle of restoration really helped me here. Running around burning places isn't exactly good when you need to focus the enemy aggro on you. I found about 5 in the sewers, and finished with 1, so that was pretty close :). It's also worth mentioning, that once the underlevels dungeon respawns while exploring the plane of fire, going back to Brenos shelter is impossible. The bridge is gone.

Delvingangel

Got it! Grinding the dragons worked. Ended up farming 9 restoration pots and 3 scrolls, used them all as I ran like a scared chicken through the flames. I'll have to go back sometime for the demon guy.