Long term Gameplay Class

Renothian

I like my mage, but I have yet to see an orb with more than 5 mana and one resistance, maybe should have gone staff, but haven't seen an exceptional staff yet either. Mages are cool, throwing lightning bolts and fireballs, summoning powerful familiars, etc. but here is my question...

If I start a warrior instead until a much later update (that may include companion skills and crafting) am I missing out on things only a mage has access to in the long term game? I mean, that might be good for starting a mage much later and still have things I haven't seen or done yet... Any opinions on continuing with mage or saving mage for later, considering long term gameplay? Thanks.

VDX_360

Staff member
Renothian":1xqlqhkv said:
... am I missing out on things only a mage has access to in the long term game?

Yes and no, with a lot of uncertainty depending on what future updates brings.

First, any major content update is likely a long ways off, as the Developer has stated that getting the mage out (and fined tuned) would be the last major content update for a bit (which could be months or years?).

Second, so far every class has access to every quest. A future update may ad guild specific quests but none exist at this time. On that same line of thought, every class has access to every major part of the game, with the restriction on guild only areas. So a non-mage can't access mage guild areas, which will likely be for mage equipment or training, not likely on much use to non-mages.

So.... I'd suggest not worry about what the future MIGHT bring and play a class you enjoy playing.

Xen

Loreseeker
In terms of items you can never be certain what you can miss because EK is not yet done completely so you might want to consider your playstyle instead of thinking what the future updates will bring. Personally, I like Mage and Cleric but more on the latter because my playstyle is survivability especially now that there are many options for good mana potion you can survive any dangers without being overpowered plus I like the bonus mana of the shrines per day and the story about The Three.

deadcorpze

don't worry about orbs comrade. There is this item orb of the high clouds which gives 2 resistances, very sweet ryt? or if u like to be tankier u can use the jester's skull for +2 armor. For now, just keep playing and u will most probably stumble upon these items. I was worried too myself in lower levels because I was using the same helmet for over 10 levels and then I started to think, david have u forsaken the mages. But being an adventurous mage, I pressed onwards. And then I started seeing powerful imba items. Oh boy I was wrong. David has already prepared more than enough items to finish the game. U just have to find them. Sorry for the long post :v. Tldr, stop worrying and keep playing like what VDX said :D

VDX_360

Staff member
Renothian":m04gtoza said:
I have yet to see an orb with more than 5 mana and one resistance,
Per the Developer, the next update should see some increases in orbs, likely a HP boost or something. The average player wasn't accessing the orbs in the expected manner so some tweaking needs to be done to make wand builds more practical.

One of the challenge with open world game design is the difficulty in anticipating player progression through the game. Because there are some many optional paths, it gets tricky. It would help if players wouldn't be so creative in the quest order :)