Build Advice - 2H Warrior

Sikotik

Been playing EK about two weeks, and do my best to absorb as much info from forums and wiki as I can. I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for though, so thought I'd post my current build and see what improvements you guys can recommend. I have respected twice so far, and due to the cost increase hoping to stick with the next one for a while. Don't really have any issues with DPS or survivability, but always looking for the obvious improvement I missed.

Level: 17

Traits:
STR: 7(9)
END: 5(6)
AGI: 1
INT: 0
AWA: 0
PER: 1

I mainly focused on STR obviously, END was my second choice, but it seems like it's not really worth it at 5 base & 1/lvl. The point in AGI & PER were impulse to use up remaining points, so no qualms with moving them.

Skills:
Whirlwind IV
Two-Handed III
Cleave III

I absolutely love Whirlwind & Cleave, because of the aoe. I'm used to playing tank characters in rpgs, so herding groups is my bread and butter.

Advanced Skills:
Heavyhand III
Body Development III

I took Heavyhand for the added damage, and body development for the HUGE hit point increase(tank life).
I've looked over the other advanced skills on the wiki, but wasn't sure if any of the other would be of better use.

Gear:

Head: Legion Helm
Torso: Legion Breastplate
Hands: Legion Gauntlets
Neck: Blessed Necklace
Back: Iron Will Mantle
Legs:Legion Leggings
Feet: Plate Mail Boots
Waist: Girdle of the Warrior
Weapon: Cruelty
Ring: Ilmaran Signet Ring
Ring: Oasis Ring

I plan to change boots to Legion Boots once I get them to drop, I've been farming Mercian Crypt relentlessly.
I change rings if I need a resistance boost, but these two are my usual.
Cruelty has been a great weapon, but I'd love a damage boost.
My biggest concern with armor is that I'd rather trade the Legion fire/ice resistant for a better set that has higher armor/hp for no resistance but as far as I know Legion is the best thing right now.

Also, I use Hirge the cleric as a companion, I wouldn't mind if someone posted up a good build for her. I'm currently gearing her for increased mana, and her skills are somewhat thrown together, mostly focused towards healing. She sure is squishy though.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Sikotik

Just joined the forum, so I apologize for the post placement. If a mod could move it to the help hub I would appreciate it. :lol:

Cuckoorex

For my 2H warrior I skipped Whirlwind, Heavyhand, and Body Development and instead maxxed out Precision Strikes, Massive Criticals, and the Rogue skill Flurry (REALLY boosts DPS and with more strikes per second during Flurry the chances to score a crit or a massive crit are pretty good). You'd need to reset your traits, though, and put at least 4 points in Agility to meet the requirements for Flurry.

Xen

Loreseeker
Cuckoorex":784boug7 said:
For my 2H warrior I skipped Whirlwind, Heavyhand, and Body Development and instead maxxed out Precision Strikes, Massive Criticals, and the Rogue skill Flurry (REALLY boosts DPS and with more strikes per second during Flurry the chances to score a crit or a massive crit are pretty good). You'd need to reset your traits, though, and put at least 4 points in Agility to meet the requirements for Flurry.

If I remembered correctly it is 6 points in Agility trait, 4 is for Rapid Fire.

Sikotik

Cuckoorex":ymjtyaoq said:

What do your traits look like?

Wyrm

Loreseeker
In order to complete many quests and essentially all the current content you will need INT, AWA, and PER points. you have already missed out on a lot of dialogue. Early on it's good to balance your character. Once your foundation is built to allow ALL dialogue options, then build strength. I would pay to reset your character. Look at what trait requirements you will need for future quests on the quest table. Soon you will want all the shock and spirit resistance you can!

Claytopia

Pfft storyline smoryline
SABO SMASH
I still haven't maximized my build yet.

My day to day

When I'm really angry and juiced up

My skills

Xen

Loreseeker
If you're going to ask me, I will not give Cleave more than 2 level because it is rare that you'll face more than 3 enemies because doing that will deplete your HP faster than you think, always put at least one level for Battle Rage because it is your life saver especially during battles with Devourer or any enemy paralysis. Your damage for 2H weapon is already high so focus in that asset and optimise it to further increase damage dealt, don't mind the DPS it is not Agi that makes your 2H weapon deal more damage so don't rush to get Flurry(mind you it is not advisable to get it straight away at your lower levels and you'll sacrifice trait points to make your Agi 6 plus you'll suffer big lost in damage when you're not putting up large trait points to Str). Instead I'll choose to make Whirlwind 3 to 4 levels because it is your forte(battling many enemies at once with high damage dealing and defense capabilities) and don't forget to put at least one level to charge to surpass traps or escaping explosions from enemies, same with bash at least one to stun an enemy when you need to heal or just to escape. Body Development should always be level 3 ASAP and the other skills related to 2H weapon should also be maximized, for Precision Strikes it can wait so you just need at least 2 levels because 2H weapon doesn't have high raw critical chance but Massive Criticals should be at max.

Cuckoorex

Sikotik":2n02g44o said:
Cuckoorex":2n02g44o said:

What do your traits look like?

Level 26 Warrior
Stats (natural/equipment enhanced)
Strength 7/10
Endurance 6/7
Agility 6/9
Intellect 2/3
Awareness 4/6
Personality 2/4

With Axe of the Minotaur Kings equipped and no buffs:
32-53 +8 shock damage, 52 DPS
with Flurry and Battle Rage activated: