Wild Imagination

Xen

Loreseeker
I'm curious about where the EK's sub-stories will go so my mind is full of thoughts regarding the plot. First, during the quest "Stopping Prejudice" Barahid mentioned something about Terezza and the Vorators, we all know that Cave of Echoes is in Thyr's Ridges(Thyr Mountains is where The Three resides) and that Terezza is respected by the Mages in Icemist maybe because of her great discoveries.

Second, in the Hall of Wisdom Archbishop Dilla mentioned something about the Oppalan Frontier which is related to an adventure of a party that recovered something from a powerful wizard which is called "Numina Stones". She also said that the book doesn't have connections to why Duremas became a madman(i'm suspecting it is related to the stones and not the book).

Third, in the quest "The Missing Missionary" Brother Frere mentioned something about prophecy of The Three via Saint Admus in the book Qualms in The Days of Thunder(sorry I forgot the exact title) which is very cryptic and signifies a feud between The Three Gods. My theory is that the feud and the insanity of the Gods are also related to the Numina Stones just like Lyrium with side effect of becoming insane like a madman(i'm talking about Dragon Age specifically Dragon Age II, something like what happened to Knight Commander Meredith) and besides Arbenos might be someone like her, the Templars with magical power.

VDX_360

Staff member
Xen":1wxfgmad said:
First, during the quest "Stopping Prejudice" Barahid mentioned something about Terezza and the Vorators.
Terezza made a mess. You get to clean it up.

VDX_360

Staff member
Xen":3q9r5rmv said:
I'm suspecting it is related to the stones and not the book

This bit is answered in the in-game dialogue.

Duremas' job for The Three included executing priests who commit the hearsey of claiming The Three were once mortal. Sadly, for Duremas, he was forced to execute his own son later to find out that The Three really were mortal born, as the book The Oppalan Frontier narrates. So, finding out he killed his son to protect a lie drove him mad, so to speak.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... Gazed_Back

VDX_360

Staff member
Xen":3dn337i7 said:
Brother Frere mentioned something about prophecy ...
The Three will, or may, get broken in the lifetime of that priest. In-game text foreshadows this point. Read the book stands in The Temple and pay attention to what the various priests tell you around the world. You might note that the word "Champion" is used as a tittle (capital "C") to refer to Arbenos the Warrior and depnding on your quest choices, Syllara, will use it to refer to you.

Note, Syllara name as the most member of the witches of Orogg, which you may have learned a few things about.

So yeah, the game sets up a future update where the player will have to choose between fighting The Three or fighting Syllara..

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... _the_Night

Xen

Loreseeker
But why would he show contempt to Hirge if the only reason is to sentence anyone who blasphemed the Church of The Three? What really droves his insanity aside from killing his own son?

Xen

Loreseeker
VDX_360":3gsv4700 said:
Xen":3gsv4700 said:
First, during the quest "Stopping Prejudice" Barahid mentioned something about Terezza and the Vorators.
Terezza made a mess. You get to clean it up.

In the quest, Barahid clearly stated that Cave of Echoes is actually a mine which is why I come to think the Thyr Mountains is the region where the Numina Stones originate. About Syllara it is not yet clear where did she get her powers as a witch and we don't know what really happened to Arbenos after he absorb the evil spell of Syllara, maybe he became corrupted or something and that heart in Descrated Ruins maybe is Arbenos'

VDX_360

Staff member
Xen":3su6dz2c said:
I'm curious about where the EK's sub-stories will go so my mind is full of thoughts regarding the plot.
One of the nice things about the game is how the plot is flushed out a little more than your standard RPG. And while we can speculate and guess what lies ahead, until the Developer adds the content, we're just guessing. The extra dialogue for passing certain trait checks helps a little too but really, even the guesses based on in-game text, mine included, are barely more than fan-fiction. Nothing's known until it's known.

Personally, I'm just hoping the Invisible Swamp Donkey makes it into the game.