PC version is on Steam!

Andre27

Loreseeker
Grim Rapper":2yaifkc2 said:
Andre27":2yaifkc2 said:
I have searched for this but didn't seem to find any answer really, so what is the reason for the PC version being more expensive than the android version? I already know that there is no difference in content (pretty sure, right?), so what might the reason be? Is it just something like steam demanding more of a cut for each sale than google so you have to increase the prices to earn the same amount? Or maybe just people being more willing to spend more on computer games than phone games?

Also, I agree about the icons for normal and hard being somewhat odd, you'd think that a frozen wasteland would be harsher than mountains. :p

I personally find it easier to play it consistently in PC version than Android version since there's so many gameplay addition that make it so much easier to play, such as:

1. Larger Screen - Trust me, you wouldn't know how many times I got paranoia when going through Fogas's forest through the Abbot Dungeon. When you're playing on your teeny tiny phone screen, it's really hard to track down enemies around you in the wilderness (esp. against the Corrupted Sabercat, which is really fast when they're in Passive mode alone)

2. Shortcut Key - This mechanic is single-handedly destroy the inconveniency of Android version of skill efficiency, using a Rogue Class for approx. 400 hours I can at least tell you that using the Shortcut Key rather than manually tap it is far more better and can be more accurately used in some "chance".

3. Auto-Update - Do you really want to stressed out by Google Play over-stated update size? Or rather just play the game when it's updated automatically in Steam version?

About the price, it's tbh really underestimated when comparing to other Old RPG classic, and I'm pretty much really confused on why David isn't gives higher prices on such a quality game, (Yes, before it was on Steam, I was suggesting David to increase the price)considering the benefit that I tell you before-hand (just throw my 2 cents on the price part, doesn't really need for Mod Judgement, doesn't it?

Well I personally think that such things shouldn't really affect pricing of a game, just like they should be free updates for a game and not payed DLC they shouldn't affect pricing across platforms, especially if the convience comes from the platform itself rather than something coded into the game on one but not the other platform. Either way though my question was answered as said before, and I also wasn't complaining about it, I agree that the price could be higher and find it odd that it isn't (I like it though). I was just curious about the why of it.

Also for 3, I think that might be some kind of setting option? Because my updates are always automatic on android, and have never been bothered by them.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
A small comment about mentioned point #2. the last update "input improvement" should make it much more efficient to use skills, even on android. You can be sure you won't stay idle at all while using skills in the middle of combat. Of course keyboard will always be more convenient than a touchscreen, though.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Alan. Indeed summer sale started yesterday, I should probably be more of a marketing person and mention these things, heh.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, mentioning sales like this can help attract some more people who didn't already started following game. I see you mentioned it on Facebook. Anyway, some marketing can be a good thing. :D