PC version is on Steam!

Lordsem

Re: PC version coming out this month!

DavidBVal":seoozvhd said:
Yep. Via files at least, and *maybe* I can make a "hack" to access Google cloud from a PC game.

Oh yessss, please :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

p4ran0id

Staff member
I'm not really surprised. Modern games are mostly linear and/or easier and easier.

If you compare old call of duty, they were really compatitive, nowadays it's enough to get for a few seconds covered to heal completely. That's not really realistic and also destroy the fun.

Depending on which games you played, people react differently to the oldschool RPGs. I like your design, I grew up with this kind of games, but there are also many players who only know the modern games without any competitions.

Just my 2 cents to the difficulty topic

Ps: I'll recommend you not to overreact and wait at least one week for this decision. For one who finds it to hard there are 2 or more who likes it. Just give it some time before change something like this. You would only make it worse.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
DavidBVal":2pykmamb said:
they seem to be unable to handle the game even in casual mode. I am even considering a new difficulty level tailored for the new players!

In my opinion, this may be good idea. We live in world where people want everything right now, without any delays. Any hardship is considered tragedy of epic proportions.

As you want your game to be success (and we want your game to be success, we love your game, we want new content, new adventures, etc), why not create super easy level for players as this?

This level can help sell more copies, people who want to try game and don't want any hardships can play to their satisfaction. All other difficulty levels will stay the same, so we all win. At least I see it this way.

Grim Rapper

Looking at the negative review, honestly I think they're just a bunch of crybabies trying to get some nostalgia without even using their brain to play the game

FicusCat's review is IMO too fast to judge the game in the first hours of the game, like
HP potion drop (yes, some monster drop some potion, you just outta luck),
Recovery Button that's limited by 2 (You can just tap the skill button and realize that you can increase it, how hard can it be?),
some monster that have elemental damage (you know that you can run, don't you? Even David told you that running is an options),
and enemy with overpowered level near the first village (I mean, David's post on steam is enough to make you realize that),
a lot of "dead level" (If you don't have skill and trait points management, it's YOUR fault, not the game),
the indifferent strength of monster with the same level (Even the first enemy of Goblin and Spearman Goblin on the same level is different in strength, what do you expect?)
and you can see that FicusCat isn't PLAY the game, he just merely REVIEW the game

...anyway, that's just my opinion

Wyrm

Loreseeker
David, no matter what you do there will be negative reviews. PC version is rocking! I started mage and with wand clearing levels faster than with the warrior. I believe the course of not reacting to it and focusing on forward content is best. Probably best for your sanity too! Maybe it's better to get the struggling player connected to the Wiki walkthrough. If you read the wiki and are an average gamer there is no need for easier mode. My 7 year old neighbor leveled up with warrior, sometimes companion, and on hard mode. Good luck bro! Stay true to yourself and the success will continue.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yes, you can't make it right for everyone.

A competitive game can get better reputation, you're more proud to have solved it, if it's hard. This give it a little marceting boost since you talk more to your friends about a solved hard competitions than about easy games.

Also an easy mode let you miss the fantastic details in this game like Elemental resistance and difference between speed and basic damage. That's what makes this game really awesome and a bit unique. It's better to force people to find them and to solve them by themselves. That's the main character of this game and you could damage this charm with an additional easy mode.

Ps: also Youtube, you'll get much more 'how to' and Co Videos if it is hard to solve. This helps also with reputation.

Grim Rapper

As for Capa's Review (that's less of a crybaby and more of confused player), it's pretty much summarized on why this game is quality RPG than most of the other triple A's RPG

1. The "you lose all your stuff on day one" problem: Although most of the people will say that it's pretty cliche for a plot development and are going to pain some new player (esp. spellcaster, he said), It's honestly one of the best way to create a straight line on how you'll (literally or figuratively) survive on the game's harsh world to all player with different methods and ways in their mind (And FYI, Mage is the fastest class to XP gain since they can pretty much insta-kill 2-3 level above them with correct spell and traits)

2. Some of those quests are tough for someone with very little gear: There's actually one options that you can use other that spending some money, RUN. You'll surprise how many early quest that you can finished without even killing anybody

3. The gold you can earn in the first city is pretty low: tbh it's pretty troubling for me too (seeing from a freshly created character), but it's also depend on your mindset of "Keep or Spend" your gold. There's a reason on why there's no Gold Keep or purse system to keep your gold in other place in this game and that's to keep nagging you on the same mindset when you're visiting some city/village

4. Kill "X" amount of enemy: What are you expecting? Not everybody knows you or who you are! If you're in the beginning asked for a simple task of killing goblins for the end-result of saving the Village's fear over some Imp, making other village want to ask you to collect some zombie's flesh at first so you can collect some otherworldly artifact. THEN IT'LL WORTH THE TIME KILLING THEM GOBLINS

That all being said, David please nerve Warrior Class :v

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
One more video review from Steam:

https://youtu.be/oubGGPZbPjA

It looks that people actually like EK and want to share it with world. This is great news and PC version helps very much to spread the word.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Grim Rapper":2s2038i0 said:
Looking at the negative review, honestly I think they're just a bunch of crybabies trying to get some nostalgia without even using their brain to play the game
Yes, of course, people could try harder to beat the game, but, their money is also ... money that helps David to decide to develop more content for EK. And we all want more content, doesn't we?

And yes, I commented on both reviews, trying to help explain what to do.

But yes, you never can please everyone, never. Ever.

On the other hand, I really think that having some super easy level (not sure how much easier, maybe complete regeneration, easier enemies, or what exactly) wouldn't affect other levels and we all could enjoy game on our own terms. Some people just want to take it as easy as it can be.