PC version is on Steam!

iamgaming

Though I didn't have a hard time when I started my first playthrough at hard, I agree that some can be confused at Lannegar valley. If a player starts the game with proper trait and skill, the player can do things well, but without heal wounds as first skill or with wand mastery as first skill, the player will be extremely frustrated at Lanneagar valley.

In addition to the new difficulty level, I suggest 'Recommended Set' at character making to prevent totally wrong starting set. One of negative reviewers said that the one chose wand mastery as first skill. This is totally wrong and what players shouldn't be able to choose. It is different with what players shouldn't choose. The game shouldn't allow players to do like that. I understand that Dev wants various sets, but players should be informed about efficient starting set, as there are only 3 trait points and 1 skill point at start.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. One thing is clear, the current difficulty levels will stay as they are.

My preliminary idea is adding a "Super Casual" (not the real name, heh) difficulty with a 25% reduction in enemy HP and DPS, and regeneration up to 50% of hp without cap.

I'd also speed up the regen speed a bit. I don't like regeneration, but once I decide to give it to some players that want it, there's no point in making they stare at the screen.

I might rename Casual to Easy and call the new difficulty "Very Easy" or something like that.

As a small "penalty", I might restrict many of the steam achievements on the new difficulty.

iamgaming

Speaking about difficulty level, currently normal difficulty has harsh snowfield and hard difficulty has mountain at character making screen. Is it WAD? In my opinion, hard should have harsh snowfield and normal should have mountain.

For names of difficulty levels, 'Easy' and 'Very easy' may make players think like 'Hmm.. I'm not that childlike to select easy or very easy'. 'Casual' for easy seems good as it is, and 'Story' for very easy will be good, as the lowest difficulty may be there for players who want to play the game without any stress, and just enjoy storyline and quests.

Or name current 'Hard' as 'Classic', current 'Normal' as 'Hard', current 'Casual' as 'Normal', and lowest level as 'Casual', this also seems not bad.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
iamgaming":h8yohagd said:
Speaking about difficulty level, currently normal difficulty has harsh snowfield and hard difficulty has mountain at character making screen. Is it WAD? In my opinion, hard should have harsh snowfield and normal should have mountain.

For names of difficulty levels, 'Easy' and 'Very easy' may make players think like 'Hmm.. I'm not that childlike to select easy or very easy'. 'Casual' for easy seems good as it is, and 'Story' for very easy will be good, as the lowest difficulty may be there for players who want to play the game without any stress, and just enjoy storyline and quests.

Or name current 'Hard' as 'Classic', current 'Normal' as 'Hard', current 'Casual' as 'Normal', and lowest level as 'Casual', this also seems not bad.

Renaming existing levels can lead to lots of confusion, as there's already lots of information everywhere about difficulty. Probably I'll leave all names as they are and call the new one "Story Mode" or "Explorer"

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Call it training or apprentice mode. Once they reach level 5(or some other low benchmark) you get option of casual, normal, hard, iron mode. By that level they will have better feel for gameplay and level 4 mummies won't seem like hill giants. This way you are creating a more inviting environment for the less experienced gamer but keeping the full integrity of your game.

Andre27

Loreseeker
I have searched for this but didn't seem to find any answer really, so what is the reason for the PC version being more expensive than the android version? I already know that there is no difference in content (pretty sure, right?), so what might the reason be? Is it just something like steam demanding more of a cut for each sale than google so you have to increase the prices to earn the same amount? Or maybe just people being more willing to spend more on computer games than phone games?

Also, I agree about the icons for normal and hard being somewhat odd, you'd think that a frozen wasteland would be harsher than mountains. :p

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Andre27":3s9jg4nt said:
I have searched for this but didn't seem to find any answer really, so what is the reason for the PC version being more expensive than the android version? I already know that there is no difference in content (pretty sure, right?), so what might the reason be? Is it just something like steam demanding more of a cut for each sale than google so you have to increase the prices to earn the same amount? Or maybe just people being more willing to spend more on computer games than phone games?

Discussion of pricing policies is against the forum rules, but I feel like breaking them myself for once (although I won't enter a debate, just this clarification please). There are two main reasons for this price difference.

A) It's not that it's more expensive on PC, it's more like it's cheaper on mobile :p I sincerely feel EK is worth more than it's listed for in the mobile stores, due to the more than 6000 hours invested in its development. Yet in the mobile market, it'd have been a suicide to list it at higher prices.

B) The PC version has been a lot of work. I started refactoring and replacing code a year ago to make it ready for PC. Changed every font, rewrote code for each widget and UI element, and had to deal with new input options in an already existing game. I had to replace third-party libraries that wouldn't work in PC, and much more.

Actually, there are more reasons that I am not able to disclose because I'd be breaching ToS I agreed upon, so the two above must suffice...

Ultimately, if some player comes complaining about the PC version being more expensive... I'd just kindly invite him to play on mobile. ;)

p4ran0id

Staff member
To be honest, that game is still really cheap for PC!

See this feedback http://steamcommunity.com/id/callmenezo ... ed/788270/ (not mine)

You can't compare platforms by price! For example, Ps and Xbox games (also Nintendo) costs a lot more then a PC version (if available), but this doesn't mean that there are no customers.

You have to review each platform separately and compare the price only on this platform!

Yes it costs more on steam, but
1. Compared to the other RPG on steam it's still really cheap
2. With Android, it's better to make it a bit cheaper and get more customers
3. With ios you could do it differently, there are people who payed over 20€ for a Twitter app! Different platform, different customers (good thing you didn't do this!)

David made the right decision here!

Andre27

Loreseeker
That's pretty much one of the things I thought. People are much more prepared to pay more for a PC game than for any mobile game, even if they would be pretty much the same game.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Andre27":1bq91cnn said:
That's pretty much one of the things I thought. People are much more prepared to pay more for a PC game than for any mobile game, even if they would be pretty much the same game.

It's only the same game in content! You have to spend time to make it compatible with Mac windows and Linux, that costs, also the different controls and so on...