Jester's Bow; why so much love?

Cuckoorex

I have seen people opting to use the Jester's Bow, even though it's got a low DPS. It's not THAT much faster than some others (Imperial Trollhunter's Bow, Ion Recurve, Wrymslayer are all speed 15 while Jester's is 18). Assuming you've got Archery and Precision Shots and Massive Criticals maxxed out, does the extra speed REALLY make the Jester's Bow worth using instead of, say, well, pretty much any other bow?

Requiemm

Simply put, it has a massive firing rate. Couple that with Rapid Fire and Precision Strikes and it can get ugly fast with. Even more fun is to add poison to the mix, resulting is some impressive DPS.

Just my $.02

~Conan

Artemis Leafarrow

I've been wondering about that also. I am a ranged rogue (typical Gris agi build, light weap/shield, meat shield take blows for me while I snipe), its my first playthrough.

I am on the quest now that takes you to the place where the J. Bow is, so I should have it soon. I know at lvl 13 it will be much better than what I have now (poisonous shortbow). But in looking at some end game bows, Jesters seems not nearly as good. I feel Jesters should have same stats as now but instead of 1-1 it should be like 1-2, or 1-3. Even with bonuses J. Bow still seems underwhelming.

Honestly I had always knew about the bow but never actually looked at the stats; when I saw it only has a 1-1, even with 18 speed, I got disappointed.

Maybe once I actually have it I will reform my position again. But for now doesnt seem anything too great for end game anyway.

Atomos

Before Wyrmslayer, and Ion recurve were available, players used Jester's bow to stun lock difficult opponents. Nowadays it's mostly sentiment toward this weapon ;)

VDX_360

Staff member
For awhile, during the Beta phase of the game, the Jester's Bow was by far the strongest bow in the game. With the right build, it's a deadly rain of arrows on enemies. The Ion Recurve, with serious elemental damage and a fast speed, stands head and shoulders above the other bows right now.

Mvkush

I like the Jesters bow for low to mid game, it's pretty easy to rush and get with a few different potions, and the damage holds good for a while till you get something better.

Atomos

Artemis Leafarrow":15mheyjf said:
I need wyrmslayer and ion recurve where are those pls? I am lvl 14 about
Wyrmslayer is on the 2nd level of maze of Lamth, Ion recurve is a random drop in the Ark of Lothasan. If you know what's good for you, then do the quest for priest in Nivarian, and get Mist Hunter's bow ;)