Great game! Feeling and suggestions, long.

OrderOfTheStick

I LOVE the idea of getting better prices with a higher reputation.

It just makes sense and improves immersion. As a merchant I don't steal somebody blind who helped the community a great deal, this would threaten my own reputation.

Additional idea: with increasing reputation the wealth of the city rises, because the hero eliminates threats to the city and makes the routes safer to travel (e.g. town hall quests). The increasing wealth could manifest by (as was said) better prices, but also a wider range of goods offered by the merchants.
Another indicator could be more people in the streets and them wearing more colorful clothes :)

All of this would make doing the extra miles with town hall quests much more rewarding

iamgaming

OrderOfTheStick":3eoc786s said:
Additional idea: with increasing reputation the wealth of the city rises, because the hero eliminates threats to the city and makes the routes safer to travel (e.g. town hall quests). The increasing wealth could manifest by (as was said) better prices, but also a wider range of goods offered by the merchants.
Another indicator could be more people in the streets and them wearing more colorful clothes :)

All of this would make doing the extra miles with town hall quests much more rewarding
It sounds interesting. If cities and counties becomes more prosperous by the player, better goods including items for the player will be traded, then more powerful opponents will be there to rob and be the target of townhall quests with great rewards, but this may require great works for developers.

Makarios

Greetings all,
I've been lurking on these boards since getting the game a few weeks ago and now want to weigh in. I agree with the sentiments of the OP - this game is truly amazing and just what I was looking for.

As a working father and husband, gone are the days of sitting at my computer for hours on end playing Elder Scrolls (starting with Arena - yes I'm old), Baldur's Gate, Ultima Online, and various other fantasy RPGs, which have always fascinated and entertained me. Being that my time to indulge in gaming is pretty much limited to ios mobile games, Exiled Kingdoms has really brought me back to that "other world" I've been missing. It has all the elements of a solid RPG, but it's on my phone and I can play it casually throughout the day. I have really been impressed by the depth and scope and look forward to what comes next.

And if anyone is still reading, I'll indulge you with a bit of my journey so far. I started with a rogue on normal and quickly turned him into an archer because the hunter/ ranger archetype is generally my "go to" role first time around. This is no doubt a challenging character but I'm having a blast. I've currently just started to collect the shards (only have 2 so far) and I still have a good amount of exploring and questing to do. I recently also made a cleric on hard to mix it up but I think he's on hold for a bit because I feel like I'm just starting to get to some of the more exciting gear and skills for my rogue as I just hit level 17.

It's a great game with a lot of customization in how you play your character and I love that it truly is an open world. The frustrating parts of this adventure are also some of the best, such as coming to terms with the fact that not every faction and town will like me, and that's okay. Choices matter. But I'm rambled on enough, thanks to David and thanks to this community!

Makarios

p4ran0id

Staff member
Makarios":y29er9ge said:
As a working father and husband, gone are the days of sitting at my computer for hours on end playing Elder Scrolls (starting with Arena - yes I'm old)

Lol you call that old? My first RPG (on pc, several p&p before this) was the black eye, not sure how to feel now about my feeled age :roll:

Or: the first PC I can remember had a tape slot :D

Atomos

p4ran0id":xyu682t0 said:
Nope, a tape drive (without internal HDD)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tape_drive
Oh yeah. Back in the day in Poland copyright laws were a bit "underdeveloped", and you could record radio audition, and you had a new game xD. You just had to make your whole family leave the house, and kill the neighbours for complete silence...

...just kidding, putting gags on them was enough :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: