Great game! Feeling and suggestions, long.

iamgaming

I started the game with warrior and hard. I should've not started with hard, as the game is hard itself and hard difficulty is puerly punishing- no bunus xp or gold, just extra 25% of enemy hp and damage. I think that you can give 25% of bonus xp for hard so that hard difficulty doesn't make us play longer, but only harder. For starters, casual difficulty seems a right choice.

Anyway, I struggled to live in this harsh world and played 50 hours(If I add lost hours from death at dungeon, then it may exceed 55 hours) and completed every quests except those at Ashen cape, incompletable missions(As I killed Rolf and let Adaon die), the prodigal daughter(I don't want to kill any of them so I found a shard from rumor boss. Maybe there will be an option to make them reconcile?), and the sewer of horrors. I explored, fought, sought wealth of dungeons, did what I should do for the world, and helped other people. These hours were really interesting. This game is open world and I can go to wherever I want(Except those which are not made) and exlpore unknown areas for fun. Fighting with new enemies are not bad, and explore new dungeons is better than other games. Secrets and traps make dungeons of the game more interesting places, and puzzles are not hard or easy, just suitable. Main storyline is good and finding for shards also good even it requries !12! shards, as the works are related with other quests.

Quests, those are very good. Other games which say about freedom are mostly not free at all. What freedom in games is freedom for deciding fate of world and people. This game has multi-ending for main storyline and many other quests and gives me real freedom. More importantly, those multiendings affect other quests! When I do Three versus Eleven, I felt like the game has the best quest among all RPGs in the world. This was great! I can help other people for their own good or just seek for my initial good, and the chocies affect in the long term. If the rewards from the quests are bigger, then the choices will have more meanings, but I'm satisifed with current status and it gives me some fresh feelings in itslef. But I want to clear Honor among Thieves, why should I be punished for killing criminal and can't get Ruby key..

Among those 50 hours, 15 hours were spent for grinding and those hours were not that fun, and what is worse, those lost hours made me haste, so that I didn't explore the world in my foot and were dependent on Wiki. Great buff for quest xp and change to economy are needed. 5 times more xp for completing quests and fixed cost for resetting points will be greatly helpful. In addition, more transportation routes are needed. I can't understand that there is no seaway from Kingsbridge to New Garand as there is one from New Garand to Kingsbridge, no seaway from Rhoneis to Nirvara as there is one from Nirvara to Rhoneis, and teleportation to Icemist for non-member of the guild. I deadly wanted those 3 transportations.

Other features in game like traits, buying houses, training advanced skills, hiring companions, reputations, hall quests, rumors, rest, etc, etc are good. Traits affect not only battles, but also quests and exploration in real meaning. To exprience great quests of the games, to be easy at exploring, trait points should be distributed well. But in current system, warrior seems to be disadvantageous(As I haven't played other characters, this may be wrong, but from Hirge's mighty, cleric seems much better). Well, I chose warrior, and paradoxically, this makes my adventure more interesting- I should decide when to upgrade Int/Awa/Per and this agony(Is agony proper word in this place? Anyone knows proper word?) was interesting itself, not bad at all.

Houses help me a lot even they are expensive, but I want some furnitures for houses and change unhired companion's equipments at house. Advanced skills are balanced well and companions are good, but I want to train my companions too. Companions are not too strong or weak(but if I compare Hirge with Grissenda, Hirge is much better). They become weaker compared to player as they grow up, and it seems logical as player is the chosen one. They are helpful, but I want more options such as 'Attack enemy who fights with me' and 'Stay out of battle if you are attacked until enemy hits me'. More interactions such as more companion quests mentioned by David, more talks, or friendliness of companion from giving gifts or listen their opinion at quests which strengthens will be great.

Reputation affects the game in real meaning and this is unlike other games. This is good, but some other effects will make the game better, like economy. For example, 0.1% more/less price per reputation in the country and the town, so if I have 70 in Varsilia and 20 in Lannegar, then I can but small potion at 91 gold and sell small potion at 34 gold(25% of original price + 9% from reputation). Hall quests and rumors are good too, but more xp(It isn't needed if there will be overall quest xp boost) and gold will make hall quests and rumor stat much more meaningful. More rewards from rumor bosses will be good, too. I don't want to go to same place or dungeon for infinite times, I want wander various places in the game. If the game must contain grinding, then doing hall quests seem to better than just repeat same thing at same place. Rest system is good, but I want a new restplace in the colony of Northern Bluemist river like the one in the town of Mount Storme.

In summary, this is a great game. Probably the best RPG in mobile, or the best game in mobile, and the best RPG among all RPGs including non-mobile RPGs for me.

+ Difficult enough to make us challenge.
+ Long playtime even without grinding.
+ Expore new areas and dungeons is fun itelf.
+ Quets have multi-ending and affect other quests.
+ Trait(stat) system is related with actual gameplay well.
+ Companions with suitable power.
+ Reputations and rumors affect gameplay in real meaning.

- Graphic is out of date.
- Few soundtracks.
- Grinding is mandatory.

Suggestions:
1. Some bonuses for playing at hard difficulty.
2. More rewards from quests, expecially hall quests.
3. More options for quests such as The prodigal daughter and access to Honor among Thieves.
4. Less grinding, easier economy, more transportations and restplaces.
5. More things to companions and nerfing Hirge.
6. House decoration, more meaning to reputation.

Question: I didn't get shock 2-hand axe from The lost kingdom, and have a hard time in clearing Ark. How much time will be needed for Ark with Adamandite sword? Will 300 elixar be enough? If I clear final quest, then will I become unavailabe to access Ark and farm there to get items such as +3 STR belt?

AhDeh

Lot's of good suggestions and very well written. Changing the reputation rewards like cheaper goods/more money when selling I actually really dig. It's a great reward for the places that have reputation but don't have any quests that are locked behind it.

Edit: Transportation is fixed in the latest patch, if you have 2 intellect you can buy teleport scroll which let you teleport to any town you've been to. Or if you are a mage you can buy the spell which does the same thing.

For the Ark:

The Ark will be VERY hard until you find an EMP weapon(consumes one small battery when it proccs 5 sec stun and HEAVY damage on robots), it's a random drop from any chests in the ark I just run through the first level and second level and loot all the chests. Plus you can also find a plate armor which has stun immunity (100% stun resistance and 50% paralyze resistance if I am correct)

After completing the Ark you can access all the levels except the last one, so make sure you pick up everything there.

iamgaming

Oh you are AhDeh. I got help from you a lot!

AhDeh":3iyk8mdg said:
Transportation is fixed in the latest patch, if you have 2 intellect you can buy teleport scroll which let you teleport to any town you've been to. Or if you are a mage you can buy the spell which does the same thing.

For the Ark:
The Ark will be VERY hard until you find an EMP weapon(consumes one small battery when it proccs 5 sec stun and HEAVY damage on robots), it's a random drop from any chests in the ark I just run through the first level and second level and loot all the chests. Plus you can also find a plate armor which has stun immunity (100% stun resistance and 50% paralyze resistance if I am correct)

After completing the Ark you can access all the levels except the last one, so make sure you pick up everything there.
Okay, I'll try as what you said. For the scroll, does it fail a lot?

p4ran0id

Staff member
iamgaming":2hw2ofkt said:
Question: I didn't get shock 2-hand axe from The lost kingdom, and have a hard time in clearing Ark. How much time will be needed for Ark with Adamandite sword? Will 300 elixar be enough? If I clear final quest, then will I become unavailabe to access Ark and farm there to get items such as +3 STR belt?

Just do several times the Reactor, you get there nice weapons and armor!
Not sure about the STR belt, better get it before.

As long as you don't end the evil ending, the arc is still accessible for farming

AhDeh

iamgaming":2smn0s01 said:
Oh you are AhDeh. I got help from you a lot!

Okay, I'll try as what you said. For the scroll, does it fail a lot?

Thank you very much, glad I could be of help :) ! Nope the scroll never fails except when you are in places you can't recall/teleport from.

Edit: Ohh and listen to p4ranoid, forgot about the evil ending. Haven't done it yet :)

Atomos

iamgaming":11tbm0pm said:
- Graphic is out of date.
Graphic is designed, so it doesn't require powerful hardware, which most mobile devices don't have ;)
- Grinding is mandatory.
No, it's not ;). Check out this thread:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... =4&t=10905
If you're skillful enough, you can explore different areas all the time, besides, new content will be added, as the game is further developed. There are numerous Black shards in fixed locations, so you don't really have to farm for those ;).
1. Some bonuses for playing at hard difficulty.
2. More rewards from quests, expecially hall quests.
4. Less grinding, easier economy, more transportations and restplaces
The game won't provide good challenge, if it becomes easier ;P. Besides, you'll have plenty resources later on ;), and gate scrolls provide excellent transport
3. More options for quests such as The prodigal daughter and access to Honor among Thieves.
The motto of this game is: decisions have consequences. Not everyone wants to live in peace, and many different characters have conflicting interests. These mirmeks you mentioned for example
In the end their conflict is about authority. The one who remains becomes a queen.
Also: if you kill someone who can find and give you a ruby key, then why should you have access to it? He asks you to spare him, and wants to recompensate you, so if personal grudge is more important, then you shouldn't complain ;P
5. More things to companions and nerfing Hirge.
Companion advanced skills are on their way. Grisenda and Adaon are also very strong, and useful, but Hirge is the best choice as a companion for warrior ;). You get hit, so you need a healer.
300 EoG and Adamantite sword should allow you to clear the Ark, if you manage to get the hang of the Arks mechanisms ;). You can revisit the Ark after getting good ending. Only upper deck is unaccesible.

As for the rest: more soundtracks, and influence of the reputation are good ideas imo :)

iamgaming

Atomos":3l6ohuok said:
Graphic is designed, so it doesn't require powerful hardware, which most mobile devices don't have ;)
I don't think so.. I use iPhone and EK requires iPhone5s. There are games which requires worse devices with better graphic such as Dungeon hunter or Monster hunter, and see Ember, which requires same device with EK but clearly has better graphic. I didn't even consider the graphic when I decided to plah EK and I know that the developer isn't big, so I think that the graphic of EK isn't important. But we can say bad thing as bad.

No, it's not ;). Check out this thread:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... =4&t=10905
If you're skillful enough, you can explore different areas all the time, besides, new content will be added, as the game is further developed. There are numerous Black shards in fixed locations, so you don't really have to farm for those ;).
Of course, I checked that and Wiki. Even clearing most of quests at proper level, I should grind for xp and gold.

The game won't provide good challenge, if it becomes easier ;P. Besides, you'll have plenty resources later on ;), and gate scrolls provide excellent transport
Play hard isn't same with play long, and play long isn't needed for play hard. This is my thought and thus suggestion, but I admire your opinion.

The motto of this game is: decisions have consequences. Not everyone wants to live in peace, and many different characters have conflicting interests. These mirmeks you mentioned for example
In the end their conflict is about authority. The one who remains becomes a queen.
Also: if you kill someone who can find and give you a ruby key, then why should you have access to it? He asks you to spare him, and wants to recompensate you, so if personal grudge is more important, then you shouldn't complain ;P
Yes, but after gathering all shards from others and with high Int, I think that there can be another option. For Ruby key, I can't think that the powerful key is only accessable by the help of a person who lures traveler to death.

Companion advanced skills are on their way. Grisenda and Adaon are also very strong, and useful, but Hirge is the best choice as a companion for warrior ;). You get hit, so you need a healer.
I played the game with Griss until level 15, and then with Hirge. With Griss, the game was really hard, but not unplayable. With Hirge, the game becomes much easier. Nerfing Hirge to make the difficulty of the game somewher between them will be good. Wounds heal level 3 changes 1 MP to 7 HP, it means that Hirge has 3~5 times more HP than Griss. Even considering the fact that Griss has more damage and armour, Hirge seems much better than Griss except when playing as cleric.

p4ran0id

Staff member
iamgaming":2a9fnrrn said:
Atomos":2a9fnrrn said:
I don't think so.. I use iPhone and EK requires iPhone5s.

That's an Apple problem!

I'm playing that game on a cheap 70€ android device without any problems! Even a iPhone 4 has more power then my, that's not a hardware problem!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the review and the appreciation.

On grinding: My last complete playthrough, I did zero grinding and reached the Sunken Citadel at level 23. I had to grind there 6-7 times, then did the ark with almost all the EoG to spare. Played as a wand mage so intelligence might have helped with XP. Only 10 TH quests. The XP gained per enemy and required for leveling were heavily adjusted in the last two major updates, maybe your experience is from before?

On graphics: I love them the way they are :D

On reputation affecting prices: yes, that is a nice suggestion.

On more music: The game already has 26 music tracks! It has a 55min long soundtrack. Plus the game size is a few Kb shy of 100Mb which would make me cross some lines with Play Store/App Store I'd prefer not to cross. But it may happen in the future.

And EK does not work in Apple devices older than Apple 5s because they are not 64bit compatible, and some of the game third-party components require 64 bits iOS.

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":30c4q74g said:
And EK does not work in Apple devices older than Apple 5s because they are not 64bit compatible, and some of the game third-party components require 64 bits iOS.

Apple postulate 64bit support for their applications!
That was their decision, even if the game (or other apps) works fine on 32 bit...