Great game! Feeling and suggestions, long.

Atomos

DavidBVal":3252quup said:
On more music: The game already has 26 music tracks! It has a 55min long soundtrack. Plus the game size is a few Kb shy of 100Mb which would make me cross some lines with Play Store/App Store I'd prefer not to cross. But it may happen in the future.
Care to elaborate? Maybe a plugin with additional music, which could be installed as a second app could do the trick?

iamgaming":3252quup said:
Play hard isn't same with play long, and play long isn't needed for play hard. This is my thought and thus suggestion, but I admire your opinion.
There's a user on this forum called Ian Skylark, who defeated final Boss on Ironman difficulty with 15 level cleric! He also defeated unweakened Undermother, and Varannari trio with low level, check out his thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14373&p=40493#p40493
For Ruby key, I can't think that the powerful key is only accessable by the help of a person who lures traveler to death.
Think of it, like it's a different way of obtaining valuables. The number of keys you can get as decent adventurer is limited to 4. If you want another 2, you need to get your hands dirty, and work with outlaws ;). Banditry is very limited in this game anyway, so why not take chances with them? :)

I played the game with Griss until level 15, and then with Hirge. With Griss, the game was really hard, but not unplayable. With Hirge, the game becomes much easier. Nerfing Hirge to make the difficulty of the game somewher between them will be good. Wounds heal level 3 changes 1 MP to 7 HP, it means that Hirge has 3~5 times more HP than Griss. Even considering the fact that Griss has more damage and armour, Hirge seems much better than Griss except when playing as cleric.
Try playing as a cleric, and then take Hirge as your companion ;D. Sure, farming, and dungeon crawling will be a snack, but fire elementals, swarms of enemies, and bosses will be the bane of you ;). It's all about compatibility. You'll apriciate Adaon's DPS, trap disarming, and Grisenda's tankiness, and AoE skills ;). Since you're a warrior, Hirge's ability to heal outshines everything else.

iamgaming

Lol I didn't know about how Apple is that bad.

DavidBVal":6cnux1bq said:
On grinding: My last complete playthrough, I did zero grinding and reached the Sunken Citadel at level 23. I had to grind there 6-7 times, then did the ark with almost all the EoG to spare. Played as a wand mage so intelligence might have helped with XP. Only 10 TH quests. The XP gained per enemy and required for leveling were heavily adjusted in the last two major updates, maybe your experience is from before?
Thanks to reply. Easy to interact with developer is great thing when I play games from small company.

In fact, I learned a word 'grind' in EK first in my lifetime, as I'm Korean and I haven't played a game which doesn't have enough players in Korea to be translated and needs 'grind'. So I surprised that I should do 노가다[nogada](In Korea, we call 'grind' in game as 노가다, a slang of hard and physical construction work) in a game which use English. I played with latest version and did grinding at Wyvern mountain and Mercian royal tomb at lower level, and crimson for hill giants at higher level. 12 shards and hall of wisdom with +15% xp scroll help a lot, but I wonder that newcommers with Steam release know about that.

I'm surprised that you can reach 23 before Sunken Citadel. As I didn't use xp scroll much before level 15 and you are a developer with high Int and exloiting scrolls, the gap is too great. I should try best with my knowledge with new game as mage someday and tell about consequence later, but before that, there should be a guide about earning and select proper places to go according to level for steam newcommers.

iamgaming

Atomos":2e5atkvw said:
There's a user on this forum called Ian Skylark, who defeated final Boss on Ironman difficulty with 15 level cleric! He also defeated unweakened Undermother, and Varannari trio with low level, check out his thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14373&p=40493#p40493
Many players start the game with Warrior/Rogue, which doesn't have heal and not everyone has great knowledge about the game like him/her. Anyway, this is remarkable and I should read this before I try cleric, thanks.

Think of it, like it's a different way of obtaining valuables. The number of keys you can get as decent adventurer is limited to 4. If you want another 2, you need to get your hands dirty, and work with outlaws ;). Banditry is very limited in this game anyway, so why not take chances with them? :)
This isn't a banditary, THIS IS A REVOLUTION! You should go to Zilda and apology!!!

Try playing as a cleric, and then take Hirge as your companion ;D. Sure, farming, and dungeon crawling will be a snack, but fire elementals, swarms of enemies, and bosses will be the bane of you ;). It's all about compatibility. You'll apriciate Adaon's DPS, trap disarming, and Grisenda's tankiness, and AoE skills ;). Since you're a warrior, Hirge's ability to heal outshines everything else.
So I said 'except cleric' and only compared Hirge with Griss. Also, Hirge is nearly mandatory for warrior and thid tendancy doesn't seems good.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Oh btw, good that you posted on the Steam community, it's a bit quiet still compared to this forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/788270/di ... 087469777/

Yeah I am sure someone will take content from the wiki and put guides/walkthroughs on Steam. The advantage of them being on Steam is they can be checked in-game (with shift+Tab) without minimizing or changing window.

Atomos

iamgaming":ys41dth3 said:
Many players start the game with Warrior/Rogue, which doesn't have heal and not everyone has great knowledge about the game like him/her. Anyway, this is remarkable and I should read this before I try cleric, thanks.
Wand mages have pushback, rogues have evasion, warriors have charge, and everyone can summon. There are many different ways of conserving health. Trust me, clerics aren't that helpful ;)
iamgaming":ys41dth3 said:
This isn't a banditary, THIS IS A REVOLUTION! You should go to Zilda and apology!!!
No way. Noone can treat me as a fool as much as she did :p. I'll still rob that bank though xD

iamgaming

Oh and transportation from Jabal to Freetown. I can't find any reason about there are just one-way for NewGarand-Kingsbridge, Nirvara-Rhoneis, and Freetown-Jabal.

iamgaming

DavidBVal":1ep2jqey said:
On reputation affecting prices: yes, that is a nice suggestion.
About price, guild sells items in lower price, and buy items in lower price also. Is it WAD?

Grim Rapper

iamgaming":1ngnrkv7 said:

How about both? I get both her sword and the Ancient Key >:)

there's a bug that let you rob the bank even though you're already kill her