Mercian Royal Crypt with archer

p4ran0id

Staff member
Hi,

Wichtig bow do you use against undead? I have a really hard time with my lvl 15 archer in entrance of Mercian Royal Crypt.

I usually use Wyrmslayer but still it costs me every time lots of potions to enter. Is there a better bow for fighting undead? (have jester, composite, mist hunter bow) which one is better for the Crypt?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":dla17fvo said:
Hi,

Wichtig bow do you use against undead? I have a really hard time with my lvl 15 archer in entrance of Mercian Royal Crypt.

I usually use Wyrmslayer but still it costs me every time lots of potions to enter. Is there a better bow for fighting undead? (have jester, composite, mist hunter bow) which one is better for the Crypt?

Mist hunter. ghosts and spectres are vulnerable to shock.

VDX_360

Staff member
1) The combat log displays increases or decreases to damage due to an enemy's resistance. It's a good in-game way to determine if an enemy is strong or weak against your attack, or your Companion's attack.

2) The Wiki is your friend when it comes to almost all basic question, like enemy weaknesses, weapon details, or maps. http://exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/

3) The enemy trap at the start of the Mercian Royal Crypt is meant to be hard and a bit brutal, but there is a way to reduce it's difficulty (hint: it's something you do inside the Crypt).

p4ran0id

Staff member
I wouldn't ask if it's that easy... ;)

1. Combat log is only good for damage. With archer it helps not always. If weapon x make damage a, but it still don't show the stunts or the missed shots. Also with criticals. Besides, fighting a crowd just overfill the log and its hard to decide with that

2. I know the wiki quite good, thx

The problem is/was that I was confused and wanted to hear other experiences, that's the reason for my question. With jesper it's easier to control the crowd threw stunt, but it makes less damage. Wyrmslayer has the best dps but isn't really effective and so on... :geek:

Ps: how can you make it easier?! It's my 7th character. Of course there is someone to kill inside, but that doesn't help with the first part, only inside

VDX_360

Staff member
p4ran0id":19ks2ih9 said:
I have a really hard time with my lvl 15 archer in entrance of Mercian Royal Crypt.
For clarity, are you referring to the wraith trap on the inside of the crypt or the enemies outside the crypt blocking the entrance?

Xen

Loreseeker
Kill enemies one by one using Mist Hunter Bow then use Evasion skill whenever you guess there is a trap in certain areas, Trap Master skill can help you detect traps.

For the entrance area with the Wraiths, first you should let Hirge wait outside the area of where the barrier gate will appear so she wouldn't suffer damage then lure all the Wraiths near the gate and brazzier southward and let Hirge do the healing(you should buy Potion of Mana and few Deepfrost Cognac to sustain Hirge's mana). Using Mist Hunter Bow when attacking and then pop your Evasion skill whenever Hirge's Heal Wounds is in cooldown until all the Wraiths are down.

Additional notes: * Trap Master together with Explosive Trap can help you reap the Wraiths' HP early on before you go into the corner
* Use Rapid Fire for faster clearing and Kick(skill) the enemies when you're surrounded and Hirge healing isn't enough.

Xen

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":3hwe6y6n said:

BTW your Wyrmslayer is good enough for Skeletons but you should use Mist Hunter Bow for Wraiths or any Ghost enemies(Wraiths, Ghost, Undead Knight). Bring two bows then place one of the bow in your quick slot for easy swapping, healing potions are must have for emergency but if you will follow what I said i'm sure it will cost you less.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I was talking about the trap when you entered (door closes and several enemies attacking) My biggest problem was that they attacked me from all sides and it was hard to keep distance while fighting them. I found my way so that's not a problem any longer, mist hunter bow was a good tip.

I know that I can enlarge the log, but it shows only the damage, it's hard to decide about the dps only by this, that was the reason for the question.

Now I have no problems with that, after 20 runs yesterday (try to get the legion set for Gris) I found my way how to solve this. Thx a lot