Lady of the Night Rewards

Andre27

Loreseeker
Ok, so considering the fact that there is very little information to go on to base your decision on for this quest. I'm thinking of just basing my decison on rewards.

Currently I already have the Amulet of the Eyes, which grants me +1 AWA for the necklace slot. And I'm a warrior with infantry training which grants me stun immunity. Though the extra AWA would still be nice so I could spend 4 less points on that for the Ark. And it would still be nice for companions until I get the other stun immunity items, especially for Grissenda. Or Hirge since the MP boost is also pretty nice.

Meanwhile, I already have an Iron Golem Fist, which is in general better than the Phantom Longsword, though the longsword would still be better against outsiders.

At the same time I'm also considering just holding off on making a decision at all for now, for the same reasons that I listed above, I don't really particularly need either of the rewards for now.

At the same time, it seems to be heavily hinted that the Amulet path really is the evil one, though I still don't want to make that decision yet incase more information comes out where it's revealed to not be so.

Anyways I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the choice.

p4ran0id

Staff member
If it's only for awareness, the goggled helmet gives you also +2 AWA

Andre27

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":2gc2xvw5 said:

Can you get that before you need 5 AWA? Also, as I said it'd still be useful for companions, Grissenda especially due to the Stun Immunity. And to Hirge for the 50 MP.

p4ran0id

Staff member
You'll get the helmet in Ark on Main deck, that's before the upper deck. (but sometimes it's really hard to find!)

That's your decision, I did both (different characters)

Besides, giving her the heart back is maybe evil, but it opens a plot for future content (we will meet again), if you kill her then she's dead

Atomos

Andre27":1m4stbt7 said:
p4ran0id":1m4stbt7 said:

Can you get that before you need 5 AWA? Also, as I said it'd still be useful for companions, Grissenda especially due to the Stun Immunity. And to Hirge for the 50 MP.
If RNG likes you, the you most certainly can ;)

p4ran0id

Staff member
You can always find it before!

Last time was really hard, leveled twice (21-23) before I found the goggled helmet and the gloves... First time it was in second chest

Andre27

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":nhnsobfr said:
You'll get the helmet in Ark on Main deck, that's before the upper deck. (but sometimes it's really hard to find!)

That's your decision, I did both (different characters)

Besides, giving her the heart back is maybe evil, but it opens a plot for future content (we will meet again), if you kill her then she's dead
I don't think destroying the heart is actually the end for her, from what I understand she just need a living piece of herself to come alive again, or be released, or something like that. But nothing is said about her when you destroy it, so she might aswell still be trapped or something. For all we know there might be other ways to release her too or interact with her afterwards without releasing her. I don't think destroying the heart will lead to a lockout from the entirety of whatever quest she had, unless it is a small and unimportant side-quest like Rolf's, which I doubt it would be. If anything both choices just open up different angles or sides of the quest maybe.

Andre27

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":1pkck223 said:
At least the statue becomes lifeless after destroying the heart
That's true, I didn't think about that. Though it may just be as I said that you'll have some other way of communication with her, or that it can be reactivated later or will stay activated once the quest is expanded.

I just feel like unless this is a tiny and pretty much unneccesary side-quest that gives no lore, like Rolf, then it would be poor game design to lock you out if it simply because of a choice you made, unless you give an equivelant quest or lore with the other choice that just diverges a bit or looks at it from the other direction.

Even with the whole, "actions have consequences" part it still would be poor design and a shame if you were just so easily completly locked out, and I feel like that won't be something that happens.

Taurossilva

Personally, i chose the amulet. The sword is rwally nothing special considering .there are other weapons out there with far better attributes. The adamantite longsword, for example has better base damage and dps, plus it has banishing 4( phantom longsword is only 3). Nanocarbon longsword and iron golem fist both have better electrical damage. The amulet gives you the option of using light , two-handed weapons or off-hand weapons without getting stunnned. So, al in all, the amulet (in my opinion) is the bettter reward.