Is a warrior build without duel and heavy hand still okay?

F84.0

I'm a level 10 warrior that just found the quests to join the warrior guild, the problem is I found the seventh house/rouge's guild first and joined it. Is having a warrior without the advanced skills of the warrior guild a waste, did I miss up my game? I really don't want to restart. I play in normal mode

Atomos

I'd say, that you can manage to make an effective build, if you learn:
Magical training
Precision strikes
Massive criticals
Flurry
Battle rage or/and Infantry training
Body development
Bloodlust

With strong emphasis on the first 4 skills. You probably won't be as strong without heavy handed, and duel skills, but if you use everything else available, you should be quite formidable ;).
Just don't fight unweakened Undermother, and the last Boss without help of Sir Valeran ;)

Claytopia

What are you using?

1 handed and shield
Light 1 handed and shield
dual wielding
2 handed

Personally I chose the 2 handed route with heavy hand and whirlwind and didn't bother with dual as I 1 shot kill most stuff with whirlwind.
When I do need to 2 shot stuff its whirlwind for the knock back and hit it as it comes back in so I often take no damage.
3 shot enemies (ashen Minotaurs steel spiders etc) its regular attack then whirlwind then regular as the come back as it keeps damaged received to a minimum.

Mind you strength 10 and being lvl 26 helps a lot too.

Xen

Loreseeker
The problem with the Seventh House is you can't actually learn exclusive advanced skills as a Warrior. It is okay without Heavy Hand and Duel, it is just like a Cleric-Warrior build without Heavy Hand and Duel because it joined in the Church of The Three.

Lord Farquat

Damage and HP wise you are going to be much tougher with the warrior advanced skills.
Precision Strikes, Massive Criticals, Heavy Hand, Blood Lust, Duel, and Body Development are all essential for the toughest warrior. I know you can get some skills from other classes but not certain if any of those are accessible if you are in the rogue faction. I think a rogue-faction warrior is defeating the purpose of being a warrior. Just my 2 cents though.

phaolo

Loreseeker
I've never been a fan of the dev's decision to allow joining only 1 guild forever, expecially when you can choose the wrong one and seriously screw up your game..

Comrey

Translator
phaolo":dqroir5r said:
I've never been a fan of the dev's decision to allow joining only 1 guild forever, expecially when you can choose the wrong one and seriously screw up your game..

I kind of understand it, given it's supposed to be a heavy decision, but I also agree with you somewhat.

Your character is oath-bound to the guild they chose, but there should be a way to break that oath - at an extremely high reputation cost with the guild, complete inability to rejoin later (as they won't associate with you anymore), perhaps even a small reputation loss with the Kingdoms (given that you'll be known as an Oathbreaker). In return you get to keep your learned skills (I find it fair given the high cost of ditching the guild, as well as the fact that it opens up new interesting builds), select a different guild (but maybe have to do an additional quest, since they've no doubt heard of your transgression), and of course if you break your oath again, you'll suffer an even higher reputation penalty with the Kingdoms as well as no guild ever accepting you again.

Gotta make it very, very unattractive to leave a guild, but still possible for those extreme cases when there's no other option.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
phaolo":29farsy5 said:
and seriously screw up your game..

I'm interested in how you mean this statement is actually true?

You can have dealings with all guilds (let's call it outer layer of guilds) no matter what guild you choose in the end, you also can follow simple logic (of course, not necessary the best one) of "natural" guild selection (warrior - warrior guild, etc).

Anyway, as EK has pretty high replayability, there's actually more incentive for players to try different paths, not only with guilds.

Or, at least this is how I see it.

phaolo

Loreseeker
Alan_SP":rvyh3q48 said:
phaolo":rvyh3q48 said:
and seriously screw up your game..
I'm interested in how you mean this statement is actually true?
You can have dealings with all guilds
I mean, can normal players complete the game by choosing every faction?
Like a warrior in a mage\paladin guild, or other uncommon combinations?
Avanced skills seem quite tied to them.
I usually like hybrid characters, but I'm not sure if they're very feasible in this game.

Alan_SP":rvyh3q48 said:
EK has pretty high replayability, there's actually more incentive for players to try different paths, not only with guilds.
True enough, but IMO in general a new game should be triggered by engagement (won with a class, want to try another) more than frustration (screwed up my first build, let's restart).

JarrenDrahn

The skills gained from actually joining a guild seem largely class specific. Or at least restricted to 2 classes. The skills available to anyone, even those that haven't joined seem to be the all class skills.