New concept art for EK

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":2q31t0pf said:
What do you use for it? Blender/Maya or just Photoshop? Looks awesome

I think the artist draws using a graphics tablet, but I am not sure. I'll ask him ;)

Xen

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":1tx0l0l7 said:
And the final Companion concept.

inIWGjH.png

It's nice but doesn't look Hirge to me.

VDX_360

Staff member
Adaon seemed spot-on, Grissenda seemed like a viable version of an agility build (even through it has more an sexy-assassin than warrior vibe).

But Hirge? The image just doesn't seem to resonate. Also, there's something off about the ratio between the legs and shoulders of Hirge... Those small shoulders don't look like they can lift that hammer, which undercuts the image. One might be forgiven for thinking that Hirge looks more like how one would expect Grissenda to look like.

Hirge is described in-game as barely adult, possessing the look of otherworldly wisdom and the air of a veteran commander. I just don't see it in that image.

I do like how Hirge is shown with a more realistic, well balanced pose, which is consistent with a commander. In contrast, Grissenda has a hip out, weight shifted pose in what appears to be combat high heels (for when the party is at the troll palace?).

The images clearly show talent and skill of the artist, but I wonder if the artist is too heavily influenced by comic book mandates for female poses and body designs.

Xen

Loreseeker
Seems like the artist see Grissenda not as an iron-clad knight but as a light armored noble fencer, it seems okay since the sprite for the female character in the game is also thin and most squire or nobles doesn't wear big armors unlike the knights in the frontline or the cavaliers, but for Hirge I agree with VDX_360, it doesn't resonate to Hirge's character but I like the design. If you can hire the artist to make a character image for your next game it is also a good addition to assets.

Comrey

Translator
I think Grissenda looks the best out of the three. It's not a very bulky set of armour but I'd say you can still see she's an armoured fighter and not an agile assassin or something. Hirge, I love her armour but besides her haircut she doesn't actually look like Hirge to me, almost as if she gives off a different personality. That's not a bad thing though imo because I actually like the concept art Hirge more than the in-game one lol.
And finally Adaon... I'll be honest, I never liked his face. Ever. He looks like his mother drank too much during pregnancy. But the artist nailed his face in the concept art, I'll give him that lmao. He does look a bit too bulky for a rogue though.

Myopia

Comrey":rw77k1mn said:
I think Grissenda looks the best out of the three. It's not a very bulky set of armour but I'd say you can still see she's an armoured fighter and not an agile assassin or something. Hirge, I love her armour but besides her haircut she doesn't actually look like Hirge to me, almost as if she gives off a different personality. That's not a bad thing though imo because I actually like the concept art Hirge more than the in-game one lol.
And finally Adaon... I'll be honest, I never liked his face. Ever. He looks like his mother drank too much durin pregnancy. But the artist nailed his face in the concept art, I'll give him that lmao. He does look a bit too bulky for a rogue though.
Well ,I am agree with you that Grissenda looks awesome,but I bet it is the large outfit that makes Adaon appears bulky.
Hirge…well…
To be frank,the lady in the picture IS NOT Hirge at all to me.When I gave the holy symbol of the three back to Hirge,and she told me that I am the adventurer that would save the world,I chose the answer 'you probably tell everyone you meet this' Then the game text showed that she burst out laughter ! When I enter the new Garand Sewers with Hirge and asked her 'What do you know about this place ' She answered , 'Sometimes evil can be smelled '.Well , this time,I burst out laughter.The two factors are enough to show that though Hirge's fate and faith has put her through a lot and despite Hirge's always appearing cool,and giving all her focus to The Three and her vows , inside , somewhere , she's still an innocent teen (just as the game text shows , she is barely an adult ).And that's why I like her more than the two other companies.She just appears more human .But the lady in the picture , she shows nothing of it.

M4K51MU5

I like Grissenda, really pretty, but it looks like light thick leather armor, and I just don't think it's comforting to wear
high heals into battle.
Adaon nice too, but looks like big muscular guy, would not think of him that way.
Hinrge doesn't look like her self, looking older and different, armor looks way too heavy for her, especially leggings.