Donating more to expand game (asked by player, not developer)

Are you willing to make an extra donation, if it means further development of this game?

• YES! I'll make all possible donations!

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Yes.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • NO! The game should have been complete after first payment.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Atomos

Mod Note: For clarity, this thread was started by a forum user, not the Developer. In addition, be mindful of forum rules prohibiting talking about game pricing.

According to the latest news( https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... 2f7#p47934 ) in which developer of Exiled Kingdoms described a serious issue:

DavidBVal":g6eqx85c said:
I can't realistically work on two games at the same time, and I can't keep developing (and selling) the same game my whole life. Despite we all wanting more and more, the game is already huge as it is, way bigger and more complex than what its price tag may sustain, and everything that was promised has been implemented with 1.1. I might add more content over the next years, depending on my availability and other projects, who knows! But my absolute priority will be my next game, which I'll be talking about very soon.
I've got an idea. It's not new of course, but it's important to see, if it can succeed. So, could you please answer the question in the poll, and spread the word?

Andre27

Loreseeker
Re: Are you willing to make an extra donation, if it means further development of this game?

Personally I would be willing to pay for a DLC. I wouldn't want to pay for the vague chance that there will be more development for that money. But if David decides to say develop the Orc Kingdom or maybe the entirety of the lands beyond that mountain range and then sell it as a DLC, then I'd definetly be willing to buy that DLC.

VDX_360

Staff member
Re: Are you willing to make an extra donation, if it means further development of this game?

I think this is an interesting idea but the Developer has final say on what he does with his time. From my -limited- understanding of the Developer's plan, I think he's done with Exiled Kingdom for a bit so I don't want anyone getting too excited about this idea. But again, the Developer is his own boss on this point.

p4ran0id

Staff member

1. I fully understand his decision and I'm looking forward to the next game! I love David's work and it's better to get something new with the same quality/love

2. As far as I know, the new game will use the same world/maps, I think I read it once (with a different gamedesign of course), if that's true, maybe we'll get new areas by development of the next game (if it use the same map, it could influence EK). But of course without any Timeline.

Edit: deleted quote (accidentally clicked wrong button)

Comrey

Translator
I'd probably pay for a DLC or donate if he'll guarantee more content. I like the game, I like the progress it has made, and I also understand why he wants to move on - you can't keep stuck to one game forever. Working on the same project for years can get tiring mentally, he could just be bored of EK, for all we know.

However, there's also some loose ends that I would love to have tied, such as the towns we see on the map that aren't accessible, or the Freetown Arena (gladiator quest line PLEASE!) or the 7th Ruby Key (correct me if I'm wrong, but only 1 to 6 are available, and there's 7 doors), more skills for ranged rogues or perhaps even class mixing/more skills in general (why can't we be Arcane Knights?). And then, of course (spoilers for Lady of the Night):
A confrontation with Syllara, if you freed her during the quest Lady of the Night, since she's now abducting residents of Icemist and alluded to meeting you again. Not to mention she's a Sorceress-Queen of all the Orogg Witches with "powers beyond what any human wizard could dream of", including the "old Tolassian Masters". This can't possibly be the last we see of her, she's way too important.

The game may be finished, but it's unpolished, incomplete, and it won't ever be complete unless these loose ends are tied. Don't get me wrong, I respect and appreciate all the work David has put into this, especially for how cheap he made the game, but I would easily pay another 10 bucks just to see it improved, polished and truly made complete.

EDIT(S): Typos.

Andre27

Loreseeker
I agree with the things Comrey mentioned, I'd love it if those loose ends were tied up at some point atleast. Additionaly there is Mount Storme Castle, as well as the ancient staircase in Lannegar Mine.

Yeah I think it'd be nice to have all those loose ends tied up, and I'd definetly be willing to pay for an Orc Kingdom DLC (with the two Mercian towns beyond the mountains in that DLC aswell). I feel like that would honestly be the best way to do it if he decides to finish the map. Possibly also the Corsair Princes and Isle of Serpents, maybe Corsair Princes in the base game and Isle of Serpents in an Orc Kingdom DLC? Or a separate Isle of Serpents DLC and Corsair Princes DLC. Or Orc Kingdom DLC and Island DLC?

Duck123

Loreseeker
I would pay any amount of money to have additions to this game, this game is my second favorite only to skyrim, and only then because skyrim has more stuff to do.

Duck123

Loreseeker
Also one solution if the developer doesn’t have enough time to add to the game, forum users could code DLC’s and David could add them

p4ran0id

Staff member
Duck123":25kpqlrl said:
I would pay any amount of money to have additions to this game

Any amount?! :shock:

Well, I guess if you pay 1 Million - 1 Billion you can get any content you can dream of! :D (you said any)

It's not that easy to outsource the development, there is no API like mods in skyrim, you have to know the coding (and David has to tell his secrets) so I'm afraid that won't be an option

Ps: just pay me 1 googol $ and I promise I will make sure that David finishes that game (I only take 0,1% provisions, rest goes to David) :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googol

Comrey

Translator
Yeah, sadly I don't think having people off the forum code for David is a good idea. He probably could use some help, and as long as the writing remains his own I'd be okay with it (generally speaking), but he's taken it this far alone and I'm not sure if he trusts or even wants anyone to continue EK in his absence, even if they follow his writing.

My hope, again, is that David just ties the loose ends I mentioned in my first post here, maybe sometime this year or sometime in 2019. It's a lot of polishing, I admit, but some of these areas are almost required in my opinion before this game can be "completed". The Freetown Arena is one of them, and David did say he was working on it a long time ago, I don't know if he pushed it back or simply forgot about it but I really hope he rekindles those ideas, as the Arena is something I've been looking forward to ever since I discovered it. Others, as I said, are quests for the 7th and last ruby key and a follow-up quest for Lady of the Night (depending on your actions in the quest). I feel the need to repeat myself because these are such important loose ends that I don't believe should be overlooked. Everything after that, such as new areas and extra skills, I'd take as a bonus. But as I said, I'd gladly "buy" the game again if it meant continued support for another year or so.